Bird Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old July 10th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #1
New Boot

Bird Trailer

Hey everyone, Im putting together some footage sort of as a teaser trailer for the bird doc I'm working on to help and get more funding. Its about a minute long. Enjoy,
thanks, andy

go here
http://hosted.filefront.com/awheel41215

click on trailerrough.mov
Andrew Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Andrew,

I took a few minutes to watch your trailer. I did not really get a clear picture of what the real subject of the video was going to be.; Is it going to be about changes in nature, about exposing children to nature, or about avian diversity? You have all three in there, perhaps you want all three, but that may just be to much to try cover in a short trailer. I thought the bird shots were cool, a couple shots an aweful lot of noise and I liked the kids saying what they liked. What is your overall theme and objective?
Making a trailer is probably harder than the actual video. It is like condensing War and Peace into a short story.
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #3
Trustee

I agree with Dale on this one...the clips just don't blend with each other very well.

I also think that the background music is annoying and needs to be changed to a softer melody, or bring it in very gradually after the opening sequence of talking...Actually I think that the phone chat is too removed from what you are trying to convey - maybe the kid pointing at the birds from the car door (or the guy looking through the binos) is a better start to the movie (I'd completely edit out the phone chat).
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #4
Trustee

Sound

Andrew,
I totally agree with Dale and Tony, I also think you need better microfones on the talents, its annoying with all the background noise you hear.
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #5
New Boot

Hey thanks for the replies. Yeah I definitely agree with you guys. I showed the trailer to someone in person the other day and realized it gave no insight into what the film is going to be about. At the moment I guess were trying to make a birding version of the surf movie "step into liquid" which is great even if you dont care about surfing. Its 7-8 peoples interesting stories strung together and the only thing that is cohesive is that each story is about surfing. Its so early on right now but that is our model. Again thanks for the constructive replies it is all quite helpful,
take care,
andy
Andrew Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #6
Inner Circle

some thoughts

Andrew,

With the idea of drawing four stories together through some common link the movie snatch is brilliantly edited and draws together at the end, it may also be a worthy look see if the profanity doesn't overly offend you.

Kind of like four people taking different trails to get to the same place.

an old souix saying passed down from my grand father is something like this, "No two paths ever run parallel." It is a facinating way of drawing tories together.

Look forward to the next go around at you trailer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land