uwol #4- "and the winner is...." - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:33 AM   #16
Trustee

Congrats to you Jeff! You had a very strong entry which was one of my favorites too.
Thanks to our judge, D.J. Zupancic who gave me special mention in this challenge, I'm very honored. Guess you had a real tough time to choose a winner?
And not to forget, congrats to all challengers who was able to get a entry for this round and to all who did a try but who couldn't managed to finish.

PS! When I was editing this entry I realised soon that I had to use natural sound. I wish all could have been there experience this fantastic scenery and the faboulus sound who was in that forest during the night. No aircraft or cars disturbed which I'm are used to where I live.

Thanks,
Per Johan
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:09 AM   #17
Trustee

"A call from the wild Kvamsoy" :)
Just a short visit, I'm borrowing my brother-in-law's computer to write this, as I'm on the island trying to catch some new scenes of "my" sea otter. My vacation runs out next week, so I have to film as much as I can.

Congratulation Jeff!
All the best to you and your "gang" for making the Uwol#4 winner.
Your film? It had it all!

To the running up guys Kevin and Per Johan; congratulation to both of you. Well done!

To all the competers; thank you for sharing your films, ideas, comments in this competition. 30 films, who would have believed it, eh?

For me it's an honour to be mentioned among the top four, so a big hug to the judge :)

And Meryem; thanks for keeping this show going.

All the best from
Geir Inge
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:38 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Many congratulations Jeff lovely video short "Touching Generations."

And a thankyou to all, that make it possible.

Here’s to the next uwol V
Ron Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:06 AM   #19
Major Player

Congratulations Jeff. Well done. The videos just keep getting better! Also congrats to all the runner ups and thanks to all involved in the challenge.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:05 AM   #20
Trustee

Congratulations Jeff, Kevin, Per and Geir! You are all superb in your artistry and we all applaud your talent!

Kevin, can you believe it? And here Gabe had to start your feedback thread for you because you didn't even want to put it out there! I'm thrilled for you!

Friends of UWOL 4, it is so much fun to be a part of this community and to share your love for film, storytelling and life.

Cat Russell

P.S. D.J., great job on judging. Your reasoning and feedback were well thought out and fair. I also loved the way you gave us all the added effort of the "overall" feedback and the gracious offer to give any of us comments on our film if we ask. I especially appreciate that. My first challenge, uwol 2, I emailed the judge and asked for feedback on my film after the judging was over and he tossed me out on the old proverbial rear!
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:51 AM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hendricks View Post
I got home from an incredibly beautiful camping trip just outside of Yosemite NP yesterday (well it will be yesterday in half an hour) and realized that my film had won UWOL #4. So in an excited panic I told my wife, my friends, my actors, Murph from the band Slipstream, I even told my mom and dad…

But I struggled at what I would say in acceptance of this honor. So I will just say thanks…

Thanks;

Mereym for putting together a unique film contest that quickly connects filmmakers from around the world and knits us into a tight community, or perhaps even a family, and it motivates and encourages us to get out and make movies and share them in a supportive environment. I feel very privileged to be a part of it.

Mat for the superb work on the website, sorting files and getting them all online…dude, that is a work of art in itself.

D.J for the difficult job of being the lone judge with 30 people waiting anxiously at your whim…oh yeah…thanks for writing and sending the decision before you could go back to choosing Kevin’s film :)... Great job Kevin by the way and congrats.

To the community of UWOL#4 and the dvinfo.net community, I consider it an honor to call myself a colleague.

To my wife Norma, and my children for the support and love, without you the film would never have been made…I love you

To the cast of the film…Todd and Ryan thanks for putting up with my insane directions and for the amazing acting you both demonstrated. Todd you looked great and sounded even better…thank you. Ryan you are a natural.

And of course to Slipstream for the use of their song “Waterbound” which, in my opinion, added a succinct richness to the film that no other song could have done. I love you guys and your music…They are out of Boulder Colorado, Meryem, check them out if you get a chance.

And congratulations to all of the entrants for their unique and beautiful films, this was a fun and exciting go around…looking forward to next time.

See ya,

Jeff

someone cue the music and hand him the trophy before he thinks of more people to thank!

just teasing you, jeff. congratulations. i have actually seen slipstream perform. was it at rockygrass? or bluegrass? one o' them grasses. they are a really great band. and it was awfully nice of them to let you use their piece. original music from good artists always adds...
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:09 AM   #22
Major Player

That is so funny I am cracking up!!!

I was very emotional...it was a big honor for me.

I could go on...but...
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM   #23
Major Player

Bravo Jeff!

I loved it. I racked my brain for days trying to come up with a story on the timelessness of water but couldn’t get anywhere. You sure nailed it.
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Jeff,

There can't be any argument about the selection of the winner!! You did a terrific job.

Congrats arre in order as it is no easy feat to come out on top spot!!!

The others mentioned all were among my favorites, congrats to all of you!!

Well, we have month to wait till the next theme!! with fall coming, my personal favorite season, I can't wait!!

I learned more from you all this time and hope to put out a better one in september!!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM   #25
Trustee

Awesome and well deserved! Congrats!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM   #26
Trustee

Many congratulations Jeff. I unfortunately due to my dodgy internet connection have yet to download a complete working copy of your film although I'm trying again now.

What I have seen was pretty great stuff.....well done for joining the winners circle !

( Oh and speaking of winners circle, I need an image from you fella. 16:9 300pixels or more in width)
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge