DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Shark Tank for UWOL #6 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/107988-shark-tank-uwol-6-a.html)

Paul Mailath November 18th, 2007 04:59 AM

okay - I'm in the water again...

We've had a fair bit or rain here and I was waiting for a clear patch to catch the fireflies in the local rainforest, then I waited for some moon on the water and then I went for the possums - I've got fruit everywhere and they're on vacation

I'm putting on the floaties and jumping in

Steven Gotz November 18th, 2007 11:34 PM

No tank for me this time. I just got mine uploaded. It's late, and I am going to bed!

Bryce Comer November 19th, 2007 07:36 AM

Looks like its the shark tank for me.

I've been trying all night to get this thing uploaded, but just won't seem to want to play. It's now just gone past midnight, so i guess i'm in the tank. It's a pitty, i wish i knew more about how to upload stuff, maybe i could have go it in in time!

Bryce

Bryce Comer November 19th, 2007 07:41 AM

It's late now, but i will try to upload it to my own website tomorrow when i am home from work & will post a link here.

Sorry i couldn't be a part of this very challenging challenge!

Bryce

Markus Nord November 19th, 2007 08:03 AM

It's not over get... you got until midnight anywhere in the world. What is the problem, conection problem or you can't log in to the ftp?

Geir Inge November 19th, 2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryce Comer (Post 777883)
I've been trying all night to get this thing uploaded, but just won't seem to want to play. It's now just gone past midnight, so i guess i'm in the tank. It's a pitty, i wish i knew more about how to upload stuff, maybe i could have go it in in time!

Bryce

Hi Bryce.
You need a FTP program installed on your computer to do the uploading.
I reckon you've got an email from meryem telling you how to upload (username/password).

If your using PC (windows) here's a free FTP prg.
Link: http://www.smartftp.com/download/

Wish you good luck.

Geir Inge

Trond Saetre November 19th, 2007 08:12 AM

Bryce, can you tell us what the problem is? Any details?
Will be easier to help you if we know more.
Would be very sad if you finish and then can't get it uploaded.

Josh Chesarek November 19th, 2007 08:14 AM

I didn't make it this time :( Hopefully I can plan a bit better for the next challenge. Cannot wait to see what comes up.

Meryem Ersoz November 19th, 2007 08:29 AM

yes, bryce, if you've finished, don't give up. the deadline is midnight anywhere in the world. you have all day and until midnight here in Colorado. i'm sure the players and i can diagnose the problem and help you, if you tell us what problems you are having...

Russ Holland November 19th, 2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 777276)
it will get easier, russ, i promise! i can't take the pain of seeing my fellow UWOLers in the tank, oh the agony!

I do feel bad because I've let myself down, but there's always next year...I can always comfort myself watching everyone elses videos.

Thanks!

Marco Wagner November 19th, 2007 11:37 AM

Tack me up, i didn't get the quantity i wanted and could barely find 38 seconds of usable. Sorry, I'll try again next time... :-(

Kevin Railsback November 19th, 2007 11:51 AM

Well, I've compressed my piece of junk three times only to have it crash before finishing.

I think Compressor is saying "Bad Kevin, Bad, BAD! Don't enter junk just to be able to vote"

I always knew my Mac was smart but I didn't know how smart till now. :)

Bryce Comer November 19th, 2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 777906)
yes, bryce, if you've finished, don't give up. the deadline is midnight anywhere in the world. you have all day and until midnight here in Colorado. i'm sure the players and i can diagnose the problem and help you, if you tell us what problems you are having...

Hi all,
Well the problem is that the ftp site won't accept the password. Not sure why this is, but each time i type it in, it just comes up with the boox again to enter the password?? Any ideas? I have to get going to work, but if i can get it uploaded before i leave that would be great!

Bryce

Meryem Ersoz November 19th, 2007 01:53 PM

mac or pc? which FTP client are you using to upload?

and remember, these are case-sensitive, where we sent you the password, if there is a capital letter, you must capitalize it, and lower-case must be lower case. this is where most people seem to get tripped up...so we'll start there.

Ron Chant November 19th, 2007 02:43 PM

Move over tank dwellers,
I did my best, and got a some night shots not that great footage,

Last Friday night my son bought me Final Cut Studio, Great so I thought, I’ll get Larry guru Jordan out tonight and go over a bit of Motion, I used a great little prog Appdelet to remove odd files from the old version and loaded the full new version.

I started to capture the night video I had dropped frames after dropped frames.

SPLASH <'))>{