DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Shark Tank for UWOL #6 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/107988-shark-tank-uwol-6-a.html)

Per Johan Naesje November 19th, 2007 03:13 PM

FTP server problem

Meryem, there is something wrong with the FTP server, that for sure! I have been trying to upload for some time now and it reject to give me access.
I know that I'm doing this the correct way, so I think somebody should have a look at the server right away!

Meryem Ersoz November 19th, 2007 03:44 PM

Hi Per: I'm testing it right now, and I think I'm seeing that Bryce's (BC_nightshift) uploaded, so I think that . Let me keep testing, and I'll get back to you. But I seem able to download from the designated UWOL 6 folder.

Per Johan Naesje November 19th, 2007 03:58 PM

Ok, fine! My current ip-adress is *.*.*.* if you want to look up on the ftp-servers log.
My ftp client is still trying to connect...

Anyway I have uploaded my entry to my website, so I can of course email you the link to the file, but this will not help any others which don't have this option!

Trond Saetre November 19th, 2007 04:31 PM

Seems like Bryce managed to upload his film. But for info:

I also get multiple of those "log in" windows, but I just ignore them after I have logged in the first time. After I log in the first time, and when I drag the video file from windows explorer to the ftp site, a new "log in" window appears. So that means that during the upload process, I also have one of those "log in" windows open.

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts before the upload process begins.

Meryem Ersoz November 19th, 2007 04:35 PM

To Per, e-mail sent...

To everyone: If you are having upload difficulties, send me an e-mail at uwol@comcast.net--as long as I know that you have completed your entry, you are considered "done" and a valid finisher. We will deal with whatever upload issues arise. If our uwolchallenge.com site is having FTP issues, we have alternatives which we can address at that point....

Gordon's seems to have arrived as well...we'll get it figured out, Per, don't worry.

Per Johan Naesje November 19th, 2007 05:00 PM

Meryem, I'm about to upload right now on my portable PC to the uwolchallenge site :-)

Something is causing the fault on my stationary PC. Think something is been blocked in my firewall, anyway I'm almost in...

PS! Thanks very much for your big offer Meryem, but it seem that I don't need your alternative ftp-server!

Per Johan Naesje November 19th, 2007 05:15 PM

Ha ha ha very cool... ...uploaded 40% and was thrown out of the server. Will retry later...

Kevin Railsback November 19th, 2007 05:16 PM

I'm moving some stuff around so I wonder if it's a matter of to many people on the server at once?
I'm about done in there so that'll be one less person on it.

Gordon Hoffman November 19th, 2007 05:46 PM

I must of punched in the password over a dozen times before it let me on. All went well then thou really slow uploading.

Gordon Hoffman

Per Johan Naesje November 19th, 2007 06:05 PM

Yes, finished uploading at last!

Need some sleep, it has been some long nights now...

Bryce Comer November 20th, 2007 12:40 AM

Hi all,
Well i did manage to get my entry uploaded atlast. Thanks to all for the encouragement to keep trying. It sounds like others are having the same problems i was. Funny thing was, i had tried countless times, then all of a sudden, it just worked??? I hope everyone gets theirs uploaded without too many hassles.

Bryce

Meryem Ersoz November 20th, 2007 09:41 AM

i'm glad you got yours in, bryce, i previewed it (to make sure it was yours), and it had some really cool moments.

mat already has these things up and ready at the website. the boy never sleeps! so go get 'em and rev up your feedback threads...which should look like this:

UWOL #6 "Stormynight" by Trond Saetre (trond's already chomping at the bit for some feedback...)

and p.s. EXCELLENT WORK, everyone. with such a hard theme, we have 20 total entries (one non-compete entry is still out). this is right in line with our last Challenge, MAMMALS, where we had 21 entries. you UWOLers are the best--no rain, no fog, no dark and stormy night can keep you from stomping around the world with your cameras, shooting stuff. you're the best!

i promise to go easy next time!

Rob Evans November 20th, 2007 01:53 PM

Bah!

Could have written a sit-com about this challenge, from the Queen being at home and not deciding to switch the lights on in her castle, to a power failure at a train station, to the rain lashing down whenever the lens cap was off.
Needless to say, i'm trying to swim with concrete flippers and there's some big grey shapes cruising in the distance... glug glug glug :(

Looking forward to seeing your vids....

Ron Chant November 20th, 2007 03:06 PM

You are right there Rob, HRH didn’t have a shilling for the electric the night I went over to Windsor, and did it rain it just lashed down, I did a bit of the old station and the castle then over to Eaton school and bridge, next drove over to Sonning village to get some shots of the old pubs, and the river lit up by the French Horn restaurant.
It was a wet misty miserable night.
The entry’s to challenge are all looking very good.

Grant Sherman December 4th, 2007 05:46 AM

Shark food again. Bad planning and organisation struck again. I got some footage and some stills but I couldn\'t get it together. I must try harder next year.

Congratulations to all the entrants.