Thanks for the T-shirt at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 29th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Thanks for the T-shirt

Thanks for the cool UWOL T-shirt - I'm really going to have so much fun explaining to everyone how to pronounce "Ein byd ni, gweledigaeth chi" but now - how on this dear earth do I pronounce this 我らの世界、君の視感 ?!!! - could we have some audio here? Pleeeze..
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Hey Marj

Well done on the t-shirt they were some great critiques and you certainly deserve it. I think you'll have more chance with the Chinese than the Welsh! I grew up only 30 miles from Wales and wouldn't know where to start even if I look at the phonetics. Its all those throaty noises that do it.

Anyway I hope we'll see you picking up a camera and joining us all next year Marj !? You need to strengthen the saffy contingency!!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Any chance of a picture of this here T-Shirt?
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #4
Trustee

Hey Marj,

Congrats on snaggin the t-shirt.

Great feedback is a hallmark of this film challenge. I think if you look back at our first films to these final films you can see how much everyone has improved. That all comes from getting out in the field shooting, and getting feedback on what works and what doesn't.

There will be a little lull until we pick back up again in February but don't hesitate to put up a post with any questions, comments or suggestions.

Hope you jump in this next round. You live in a beautiful spot of the world, I hope you share it with us!!
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Trustee

Hello Marj

It's a pleasure to have you aboard and thanks for your comments to our films as well. You deserved that T-shirt for your big effort in commenting the films.

Hope you will stay with us in the future too. I have a friend who is also supporting the uwol-group: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=108639
She's already got some requests to join in for next year, maybe you could do the same? We need new players to come along.

Best Regards
Per Johan
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Wrangler

mat has been working like crazy on this design...i think it has greatly enhanced his mastery of Mandarin.

of course, i charged him with another large design challenge..."here you go, mat, stuff all these languages onto one shirt, but first load up your computer with lots of new fonts and also communicate with several other folks to get the language just right...."

that's the challenge within the Challenge!

i'm sure as soon as he's done with the design, he'll post it. i've seen the prototype and it's uber-cool!

it would be great to have two regular players from South Africa. fire up that camera, Marj, your lurking days are over!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Hi Marj, a big welcome to the uwol family.
Very nice comments you gave to this round's films.
Please join us for the future challenges. Next one is in February.
Would be really nice to watch your films too.
You will enjoy being part of this friendship! We learn so much from each other, and have a lot of fun!

Best regards,
Trond
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #8
Major Player

Hi Marj,

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on the films. Please jump in, the water is fine (as long as you don't end up swimming with the sharks)! It would be great if you could join us in February for the next year of UWOL. I have been to East and West Africa- I used to study primates- but never South- one of these years. In the meantime, I look forward to your video giving me a vicarious experience there. Welcome to UWOL officially!

Ruth
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #9
Trustee

Hi Marj.
Congratulation with your winning T-shirt and thank you for taking time to comment on our films.
Hope you have a video camera and will paticipate with your own films and join us in the future too :)

Regards
Geir Inge
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #10
Trustee

Hi Marj!

Welcome, welcome! Pick up that camera and hop on the UWOL train to great fun and vicarious treks around the world! We are thrilled to have you with us for next year's adventures and hope you soon discover how easy it is to feel at home and be part of the family.

Sincerely,

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #11
Major Player

Thanks to you all - I really appreciate your kind words, warm welcome and your encouragement to join in next year. Ruth’s comment, about the water being fine, struck a cord because I have really watched wistfully but have had serious time constraints this year. I have felt much like a kid holed up in a classroom while the rest are outside having fun in the pool. It was that nasty tank next to it that kept me at it! Anyway I have a family that will definitely pick me up hands and feet and throw me in I don’t enter in Feb. - so I guess you will have another saffy on board next year for sure.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj Atkins View Post
so I guess you will have another saffy on board next year for sure.
I'm very glad to hear that Marj.
It is a pleasure to have you with us.

(Make sure you pay special attention to the rule #11 - Have fun!!!)
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:39 AM   #13
Major Player

Welcome Marj
Need to warn you in advance.This is very habit forming.So nice not being the only South African here.
John Dennis Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 08:48 AM   #14
Major Player

Thanks John - sure it will be as much fun participating in as watching the UWOL challenge - I have learned so much from this site.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge