UWOL #7 The Ten Tab Mission - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old February 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I really liked this one , it fit the theme and was a reflection on how little time people have these days for adventure. I liked most of the shots, the rack focus through the small trees was a good visual respite in there. Overall very nice job.
Adrinn Chellton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #17
Trustee

Hi Peter.
You're a fast runner :)
I think you have made a good film with this one.
I liked it and think you have a way with editing and also liked your choice of music.

All the best
Geir Inge
Old February 27th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Peter,

I absolutely loved this film. Unfortunately, this is adventure for most people, where they get their 4 weeks off each year (in Australia at least) and frantically join the hoards of other holiday makers and try to unwind in a short period of time at some distant location - before heading back to work. For many, the 4 weeks might be 1 week! So for me, your depiction of the theme was nothing short of brilliant and a wonderful portrayal of reality! It was also shot beautifully, with a wonderful mix of shots.

Wow, you certainly made quite an effort tripping over Europe, hitch hiking and all that sort of stuff. You do realise it's only a tee shirt you get at the end of all this? Sorry Meryem, only joking.

The music was the perfect choice! It paced the whole premise beautifully.

As I said, I really enjoyed this one and would certainly include it as one of my overall favourites. Well done Peter!
David Gemmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Russell View Post

P.S. I also found your thread comment to be quite amusing as well! That WAS quite an adventure and I'm glad you kept your job!

Cat

Thanks for the kind comments Cat.

I'm not quite so glad that I kept my job. My boss has decided to rota me in for more than double my normal hours for this whole month as punishment for my unscheduled absence.
Oh well at least I'll have some cash for the next UWOL.
Peter Damerell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I though you guys might like to see a picture of the kind couple who gave us a lift.

As I said they spoke no English and we spoke no Hungarian but with a lot of creative mime I'm sure they understood the nature of our adventure and helped us tremedously as a result.

The guy on the left is Nick who does the filming and editing of our films.
I'm the windswept one (to much running)
and we never knew the name of the couple that saved us (or did but couldn't pronounce it so forgot it quickly) but that didnt seem to matter. They joined us for a short while as our adventures overlaped and then we went our seperate ways.
Attached Thumbnails
UWOL #7 The Ten Tab Mission-josvaffo-agtellek-4.jpg  

Last edited by Peter Damerell; February 27th, 2008 at 04:54 PM.
Peter Damerell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #21
Major Player

Very exciting Peter, how you opened up and ran along through that piece. Kept me captivated. Nice editing job!
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM   #22
Trustee

First thing I have to say is that even if I didn't begin to understand it...I loved it. The traveling and fast pace said "ADVENTURE" all the way. The camera work, acting, editing...All very well done in my opinion.

Now that I've read your explanations I will have to go back and view it a few more times and really get into your portrayal of frantic paced but thoroughly enjoyable adventure.

Even though it was not in the film, the photo you posted of the couple who came your "rescue" and got involved for awhile added much to my feeling for your film.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM   #23
Major Player

I think you had an excellent concept here - just a few missing clips to help it make sense to the viewer.

Perhaps if you had given some indication at some point as to where you were heading it may have helped - perhaps in the train, instead of the puzzles, you could have checked the destination site on a map, looked at your watch to indicate that you were watching the time and then moved on.

You ended up with a movie that has a sort of non-sensical, surrealistic quality to it, like a dream. I liked it. I like the fast pace; I liked the train images and the running. Lots of potential there.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:35 AM   #24
Trustee

Hi Peter,
Wow, what an adventure. I liked the way you varied the pace in time with the music. For me, it seemed a bit odd to be rushing through those beautiful scenic areas like you were, but that didn't stop me enjoying it. The editing was tight, & the idea i think turned out well.
Well done.

Bryce

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge