UWOL#7 "Everyday Adventure" by Ruth Happel - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old February 27th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #16
Major Player

Hey Ruth, I really enjoyed your film, it was nicely paced, well interspersed with the shots to camera and the shots you used were all really well composed both frame and depth wise, bringing good colour range in too. Editing was spot on and the dedication was sweet, you'll look back in ten years time fondly. Thanks for creating this!!!
Rob Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #17
Major Player

Ruth,

Loved the flower shot, and the philosophy behind this short... reminds me of one I did called Nature all Around that was generally along the same lines, so I immediately took a liking. ;)

Also really good to hear your bringing new natureographers into the fold! Keep up the good work.

Carl
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #18
Major Player

Life is what you make it Ruth, and it looks like you too make it great. Nice job.
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Ruth,

I thought it was a great idea!!

I liked the single poignant script!! Nice.

The guitar in the background was awesome.

You films never dissappoint me. Actually they are an encouragement!!

Great Job.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #20
Major Player

You have a clever concept here Ruth. It is very well executed, beautiful clear images, good clear sound, well narrated by Robin. I think that we become so accustomed to our own backyard sometimes that we don’t see the wonder in it.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #21
Major Player

Thanks for the comments.

Rob- It certainly isn't a major focus of these UWOL films, but it has occurred to me that what we do will be a lot more fun to watch in 10 years than most of our "standard" home video, since I am capturing the essence of Robin on tape.

Carl- Robin so far has been the on screen talent, but she has been showing more interest in camera work, so before long she may be competing with me :)

Eric- I guess that was the essence of this film- take nature where you find it, you don't need to look beyond your backyard for fun and excitement.

Dale- Thanks for your comments. The guitar really fit the piece, and I'm glad that it was able to enhance the mood of it for you. This was simpler than some of our previous UWOL scripts, but in spite of its simplicity, I thought Robin did a great job of bringing the idea to life.

Marj- Thanks for your comments. It's fun to have adventures off the beaten track, but realistically we spend most of our time at home, and the challenge is in finding excitement in the everyday.
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:43 AM   #22
Trustee

Hey Ruth,
Great film! It really made me think about what adventure can be, & of course how so much to a child is infact a real adventure! Lovely shots of your garden, one of which i thought you held a little long, but for the rest it was well paced.

Bryce

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge