UWOL questions: at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM   #1
Major Player

UWOL questions:

I'm new to this, so I'm excited, and the pressure is killing me. My girl keeps asking me, "Who won it, the alligators or the Eagles?" I just mumble back, "Yeah, thanks for the support..."

So I came down with the flu last week. In fact it was last Saturday when I started to fall - just as I began downloading everyone else's videos. Thought it might have been the "sinking feeling" I was getting from watching all the great videos which was making me ill. By the next day I was bound to the bed, laptop on the chest, thinking, "How in the hell did that girl climb a mountain feeling like this AND having a concussion?" About every other download I'd go back and view mine again - all the while falling deeper and deeper into the viral abyss. For a moment I thought maybe it's possible to get brain damage by viewing one's own video too many times. Next day the doc confirmed it wasn't the Whispers of Winter at all, instead it was just the flu.

It's been over a week and now that I'm better and back to the grind it's easier to forget all this. I only check now four times a day.

So how long does it take usually? Because I've got a new strategy for UWOL 8 and I'm anxious to get to it. This time I'm STARTING at "Plan D" and working backwards from there. Or maybe I'll make it "G"..

Last question. Promise. Anyone ever think of putting together a UWOL bloopers video? I know I absolutely nailed three completely majestic birds. Got the lighting just right, the panning, and focus all perfect - only to have them pause suddenly, and then dump half a quart of toxic waste all over the floor. And then there was my face-first fall UP the stairs with all the gear on my back, and tripod "in" hand. Where was the camera for that one...?

Somebody put me out of my misery. I've searched by find no answers. When do we find out who gets the target stuck to their back for UWOL 8?
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Wrangler

I'm about to go browbeat the judge, stay tuned! Meanwhile, enjoy the suspense...
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM   #3
Trustee

Per and Geir both have posted behind the scenes bloopers in the past. From VO flubs to monopods falling over with camera attached.

Once you get the UWOL fever, those down months waiting for the next challenge to begin can be torture. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge