UWOL#8 Preserving The Legacy by Bruce Foreman - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:28 AM   #16
Trustee

Hi Bruce.

Another great "Bruce-entry".
You always seem to pick the right music for your films, and so you do in this one. Maybe the first half of the film could be short'n a bit and some more focus on the fort?
I liked the way you turn from the city to the wilderness, that was real cool.
Your VO and soundtrack was fine and so are your editing skills.

See you in uwol#9, until then - all the best.
Geir Inge
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #17
Trustee

Friday and Saturday (May 2 & 3) I spent each day at Ft Chadbourne trying to do more recording of the re-enactors activities. With no 3 minute time limit, I'll be expanding "Preserving The Legacy" to a much longer version.

I need to go back when nothing much is happening and get some footage of the restored buildings and the ruins, and to see what sketches and artwork might be available showing what the fort looked like when active. Also possibly short interviews with Garland Richards, he appeared in "The Lost Fort".

One high point for me was getting to meet and visit with David Carter, producer of "The Lost Fort". He is himself a re-enactor and I wanted to get some footage of him but he was dead tired by the time I met him and I chose not to impose. But we did get in a very enjoyable sharing of experiences and ideas.

It will take me quite awhile to edit what I have into some cohesive storytelling order, depending on how long it is I'll figure out how and where to put it up.

The Ft Chadbourne Foundation and David Carter hope to have one of the major cable channels pick up his production soon but in any event "The Lost Fort" will be out on DVD before too much longer and I'll post something about where it can be ordered.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge