UWOL #8 Hidden Wonders - Marj Atkins - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM   #31
Major Player

Marj... for now I'm just a lowly lurker watching and learning, but while I concur in all the other positive comments abut your video this time around, the one thing I did not see commented on was the tight editing.

Many times I watch a video and either feel I was torn away from a scene too soon, or, and more often, that I was on a scene too long.

Every one of your edits was perfect... never left me feeling I needed to stay, nor overstayed the view, but overall left me hungry for more of the story.

I would say this editing job was the best I have seen to date. I learned a lot, thank you.

Chris
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM   #32
Trustee

Hi Marj.

What a great film this is.
In just 3 min you give us a full length film.
I think much of the film lies in how it's put together in the editing prosess and the information you give us as narrator. Also weant to mention the suitable music in the background and your VO is great.

Wish you all the best and longing to see your next film in uwol#9.

Geir Inge
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Hi Marj,
I'm new to UWOL and late in getting a look at the videos... and just viewed yours - it's simply charming and very professionally put together in every respect. It seems you may be able to license this somewhere... I can imagine that there would be plenty of public tv stations that may be interested; and I've also heard of documentary filmmakers licensing short films to airlines, for pretty high license fees. Just something to keep in mind. It's just such a gem, it would be nice if it could be shared with a wider audience.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of your videos!
Amelia
Amelia Tanttila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #34
Major Player

Thank you Chris, Geir and Amelia for your comments.
I must say Chris it was quite a task to squeeze so much into a 3-minute movie, so the editing was probably dictated by that. There was so much more I could have included.

I am still working to complete this video Amelia with all the steps included in more detail. I missed some things like the caterpillar in the process of pupating because I wasn't prepared for it so early in the morning, but this morning two of the little hatchlings featured in my video pupated - and I was ready and waiting. It was fascinating to watch. Having looked after them for the past five weeks or so, it was like watching my kids graduating :) although I guess the celebration only finally happens when the butterflies emerge in a week or two!
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge