Post your Ongoing UWOL X projects here... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old September 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Wrangler

Post your Ongoing UWOL X projects here...

Now that the contest is over, I'm curious to see how many of you might be working on one of these initiated for the contest, that will be delivered outside of the contest. I know Geir and Kevin have theirs in the works (maybe they would like to post a little note on theirs, too...).

I'm working on two:

Paradox Sports
Welcome to Wild Bear Center for Nature Discovery

The first one will be for the web and also shown during a film festival, as an awareness raising excercise. The second will be for the web and on multimedia CD-ROM, most likely, for fund-raising.

How about you all?
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm not sure if this is what we as amateur videotogriphers standards are expected for future competition to compete too. What are you saying Meryem? We have to fit a totally new standard? We have to fit television? Film? What? Am I alone?
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 04:48 AM   #3
Trustee

Oliver - It means nothing for future challenges.

Quite simply those of us that enjoyed, didn't finish, didn't have the time to enter or maybe even have been inspired by the PSA round to get out there and push our film making a little further can display and talk about there 'on-going' PSA projects in this thread.

Thats all....
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:51 AM   #4
Wrangler

Oliver, I was referring to this:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/uwol-chal...te-uwol-x.html

And the fact that I know of several people who are already planning to take advantage of the opportunity.
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Trustee

Hi folks, I'm just in for a short info about my ongoing PSA project for Norsk ornitologisk forening (NOF/Birdlife Norway).
Unfortunately (well, not really) I started on a 4 year part time education (Bachelor's Degree Programme in Social Education). HIMolde I will also be working 60% alongside so I'm not sure how much videoing I will manage in the future. I will accomplish my PSA and then I have to spend time on my seccond education :)
In the meantime a local unity of NOF are showing my UWOL#9 video "Seabirds" on their web. You can watch it here with Norwegian narrations: NOF Møre og Romsdal - Kortfilm om sjøfugl
I also had to turn down my well planned tour to Greenland as I had to go to the University instead, but my oldest daughter, Inger-Stine, went to the worlds largest island together with people from the Scandinavian countries. I envy her, but in a good way :)
I will post my PSA when it's ready. Just for the record I will make a short 30 sec video for TV and one 1 min for their web site.

All the best from
Geir Inge
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Wrangler

It's so cool to be able to hear narrations in your native language! The sound of your voice always brings a smile to my face.

I don't know if you would want to start a feedback thread, but I would invite anyone who finishes one of these, at any time, to start one, if they have the desire....that is a great shot of the nesting bird (later with chick).

Your work is maturing in such a lovely direction, it is Norway's loss that you have to scale back on shooting! I hope that you can continue using your powers for good....I'm sure you will.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Major Player

Thank you Meryem.
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM   #8
Major Player

I understand Mat, thanks
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge