UWOL #11 Theme Announcement...Home Sweet Home! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thieda View Post
In fact, I think "Night" would have been fun, had I been involved back then.
For the record, NIGHT wasn't fun, at the time. Ask the people who did it...it was hard, players were frustrated. There was a *lot* of complaining and a lot of folks who signed up for it did not finish it.

But no one was ever mean-spirited about it, and the complaining stopped after the Challenge was over.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post

So I think the perspective that UWOL is moving in a specific direction is misguided. I did my thing for the year, and I'm done. I don't know how many times I have to say this for it to finally be heard.

Understood.

Oliver
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #18
Wrangler

hey players, you should have received your instructional email by now, if you didn't get one, email me...russ, your email bounced back to me, so if you're out there listening, re-send me a working account...
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback View Post
Bob, you can still shoot a Habitat film. There's nothing saying you can't go for it! It's just a non-judged entry is all.
There ya go! I'll second that! Come on Bob, jump in and give us one of those awesome films you seem to throw out there! Why are we all of a sudden.... serious? I'm weighing in WAY late and thus am beating a dead horse but just can't resist...

My humble impression of these challenges is that it's the leaders of UWOL to throw out anything they feel like it... Meryem, that's you I think ;-), or whoever is designated as submitting the theme. It's not that big of a deal... we can either accept the challenge or not, and we will all do better on some than others.... who really cares? And why worry about how others may take the challenge? We all might be surprised at how well someone shines unexpectedly in a difficult theme. UWOL is Meryem's creation and we have all grown up better for it by taking it on... and whatever it drifts into over time (or not) is her call to make. We can choose to accept the challenge or not but why get the hackles up?

Cato
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge