Please Don't Post to Your Threads Until the Films are Linked! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Wrangler

Please Don't Post to Your Threads Until the Films are Linked!

ok, hate to burst your bubbles, and I get tired of asking, but ladies and gents, please please don't post a link to your film until we get the files uniformly linked to the site. Some of y'all were playing while uploads are still being sorted. Not fair to the other players....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:41 AM   #2
Wrangler

once more, with feeling...

you have no idea how it pains me to pull these threads, and put the kibosh on the momentum and excitement that you all are sharing.

but we are still sorting through entries. no, there are no late entries, per the rules, but Kevin and Mat are still sorting through the entries to get them linked and posted. from your vantage point, this may seem as if you are being unfairly punished, but from where we sit, our job is to make the contest equally fair to all players.

we really don't think it is fair to start playing the contest, until we know who is in the contest.

this is probably my fault, because I let it go for UWOL #15, because it was the last short Challenge of the year, and now, despite the fact that I've been pulling early threads consistently for the past year, everyone thinks that is what is "normal" for the contest. but it's not.

please don't post outside links until the films are centralized on a single page. it's kind of like starting the race before the gun goes off...

thanks for understanding...
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Major Player

I took Kevin’s “Long Form Upload List” post the morning after deadline as the all-clear. Sorry I jumped the gun and caused problems.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge