UWOL #16 - A Volcanic Journey - by Mike Beckett - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old June 6th, 2010, 06:03 AM   #16
Trustee

Hi Mike

Firstly excuse the delay in revewing your film I have been away for the last 10 days.

Lovely piece of work, to be honest I had you pegged top 3 for sure. It was nicely crafted and had a nice foundation for the story. I liked the the narration and the photography was well executed amd it was really well wriiten. I did found it a little monotone in its visual presentation in places. I found myself wanting to see more of what you might see on the walk. Butterflys, Birds, Flowers, and more descriptive details on the walkers themselves. I wiped brow, and walking boot through the shot, interesting POVS maybe. This seemed a little distant to me. I would have also broken up the car shots too and they were all from the same POV.

Anyway a great little film and well produced. Thanks for sharing.

Mat

Last edited by Mat Thompson; June 6th, 2010 at 07:01 AM.
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #17
Trustee

Thanks Mat!

The film did suffer a little from lack of planning... as I said, I didn't think I would get anything done, and only started 2 days before the deadline. I think a bit of planning may have helped.

At least the nettle stings have died down now. That was a super place to set up the camera for a time lapse. Ow!

Oh, and the "new camera fun" part of it. I spent most of the day trying to find the menu option to disable OIS for tripod work, and failed. Then when I got home I spotted the big "OIS" physical button right under my nose.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge