Morning Coffee at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 12th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #1
Trustee

Morning Coffee

This is my entry for the UWOL Fun Shoot. It is the view I have every day while I am having my having my Morning Coffee. Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diLGN1gWzHE
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Ha!
You got me. I was relaxing, having my cup of coffee watching the video, very relaxing until the suprise ending. I won't reveal it, but it was planned right?
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Haha! The ending was totally unexpected.
I could get used to have such a great view with all the birds and squirrels.
Very nice, Bob!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Bob,

first, you have red breasted finches, house sparrows. but at 1:00 there are several sparrow type birds with streaked breasts, what are they exactly????

I have no tree squirrels, so that was the best part for me!!!!

for the opening shot, considering the title I expected to see you set down with coffee with the view in the background, then move into that world as you had your coffee. then for the end, "Oh shoot, I better get to work!"

I very much enjoyed it, and I know it is just a fun shoot but you could do a real doosey with this theme!!!

thanks for taking the time and sharing!!! It was a pleasure!!!
Old July 18th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #5
Trustee

Hi Bob,
what a nice garden you have! And many different species too! The squirrel is a bit different in shape than the one we have here in Scandinavia. Nice to watch.
I would also like you to name all the different birds, as I´m not familiar with many of them?
Agree with Dale, you could have established the shoots with a scene where you was sitting down with the coffee cup, but overall a very nice and relaxed edited piece. I liked it alot!
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Trustee

I am glad you all liked Morning Coffee. I actually thought of a lead in, then for some reason didn't do it. I put in the "time to go to work" at the end on the spur of the moment, I guess that's how I feel when I have to get up and "go to work". Over the years I have identified 34 species of birds (including red tailed hawks, osprey and even a great blue heron) in my yard. The red brested bird is the male purple finch. The birds at 1:00 with the stripped breasts are female purple finches. The larger bird is an immature male cardinal, also in the video are house sparrows, and the hummingbird was the ruby throated hummingbird. Per, those squirrels are so fat because they have constant diet of my birdseed. Dale, you want some tree squirrels? I can send you all you want. HA. I sure had fun with this one, lets do some more of these Fun Shoots. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:03 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Bob,

Well, You really should have trees for the squirrels, eh????? We have richardson ground squirrels by the thousands out here. They are cute little things that everything eats, posions and shoots. I really like them however. I will shoot some footage of them some time. I think in uwol 1 I had a shot of one. and also in the burrowing owl vid I submitted.

Dale

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge