Fun Shoot - Maryland Wilderness Episode 2: The Spider at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Fun Shoot - Maryland Wilderness Episode 2: The Spider

A bit late here for the eastern time in the USA, but here it is:

Click through for HD.

I suppose I realize I'm reusing some footage during the intro since I've worked the footage I shot for this "fun shoot" into an episode of what I hope will be a many episodes series.

Last edited by Ryan Farnes; July 12th, 2010 at 03:19 PM.
Ryan Farnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Major Player

It is interesting to watch that small creature at work. Nice focus. That intro is first class with that water bird, the owl, butterfly, turtle, and the deer.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:50 AM   #3
Trustee

Ryan, how lucky you are to have a park like that so close to you. Tjis video shows that you don't have to travel to exotic places to find wonderful things to video. Beautiful introduction, deer, butterfly, turtle, all leading up to the spider. Great job. Fun isn't it. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys.

@Bill - Yeah, it really is interesting how quickly a spider works in its web. Fascinating little creature.

@Bob - I love the park. It is really nice to have it so close, living in a suburban area...

You all got cicadas where you're at? I didn't notice how loud they were til I was editing. I suppose I adjust and sort of ignore them (like vuvuzelas?) when filming. When I got to editing, I turned the ambient sound way down because it is just constant buzzing. Whew. Apparently I missed the 17 year spawn a few years back. I wonder what that was like.
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Ryan,

The intro was really cool! And I like the episode concept of yours. Keep them coming!
Nice to see the spider working in his net. I would have liked a little more close up of the spider if possible.

Very well done!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #6
Major Player

Yes. It wasn't until it was a bit too dark I remembered how to flip my lens around to get a pseudo macro lens. I got some extreme close up footage but it didn't seem to fit. I really want to get a dedicated macro lens at some point.

This spider was only about 1cm in length, perhaps a 1.5-2cm with its legs fully extended.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I can imagine the macro shots would be spectacular if you got them with more light.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge