DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Sign Up for a *Special* UWOL#26!!!

Not sure how a one person crew makes a making of video at same time, but I will give it a go.
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Okay I will give it a whirl. Not sure how to do a making of at same time, but will give it all a shot.
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Not sure how a one person crew makes a making of video at same time, but I will give it a go.
That was my first thought, Chris. But I've got a couple of GoPro cameras...so I am going to try and do something with those...
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #19
Major Player

While we are thinking about trying to do this keep in mind that the more unique and original the shots you provide the more likely they will be of use to the project. Sure, any of us could just hire a second camera crew to follow us (and our own crew, if any), but what about the single person working with only one camera? Realistically, we might get a dozen shots of someone standing behind the camera, looking through the viewfinder and pushing buttons on the camera with spectacular scenery in the background and get no shots at all of anyone making a storeyboard or shotlist, or recording a voice-over. There are many stages of producing videos that do not at all require the camera. Think about documenting them. Better yet, think about providing that one piece of the storey that the rest of us are all going to forget about. We can do this.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Remember that you do not need to be in front of the camera, to make a "behind the sceenes" film.
As an example:
You can do a VO, telling about how you created the shots, about the work to get there with all your gear... the waiting for the special moment the animal looked directly into your lense...
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #21
Trustee

My, oh my! Where have all the ladies gone? Hi everyone, long time no see! It's nice to surf back out here and see you guys still at it. You are all very impressive!

Thanks to Trond and his "behind the scenes" persuasive invitations to join in after.... how long has it been? Way too long is all I can say...

I guess I'll give this a go. I warn you though, I'm fat and out of shape and really rusty so you guys had better go easy on me :) I have this feeling that when the gun goes off all of you guys will be half way around the track while I'm still walking up to the start line.

All the best everyone and have fun! A shout out to all of you lady filmmakers out there, it's a bit one-sided (literally!) being the token girl amongst all of these talented guys so jump in!

Cat

P.S. Thanks for hosting Lorinda! Hi Trond, thanks for the push off the cliff! The UWOL Around the World project sounds awesome!

P.S.S. What am I doing! Do I really now have to press the "Submit Reply" button? Here goes!
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:36 AM   #22
Major Player

I'll try too finish both... sign me up
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:54 AM   #23
Inner Circle

things are slowing down here. I hope to be able to complete another uwol challenge, so count dale in!!

Will there be a theme posted tomarrow or will it be whatever one wants.
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:07 AM   #24
Trustee

OK, I will give it a go. Sign me up
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM   #25
Wrangler

Me too sign me up!
Old June 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #26
Regular Crew

As I wrote in the "Here we go"-thread i will give it a try. I donŽt know how iŽll manage it and if I even do so, but iŽll try.. After reading a lot and seen all you guys and girls fancy videos i think i`m a bit off but trying is the only way of learning, i think.. Sign me up and dot be harsh on me if i donŽt make it, please :)

/Mikael
Mikael Ewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM   #27
Wrangler

Welcome, Mikael! You are in the right place--this is where we learn! Everyone here is very supportive, so you are definitely competing in a *safe* environment. And we haven't had any deaths when those who don't finish take a dunk in the fabled shark tank, but I'm rooting for you that you'll finish. Good luck!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge