The Shark tank - uwol 34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 30th, 2015, 05:23 AM   #1
Inner Circle

The Shark tank - uwol 34

In true UWOL spirit, if you signed up and doesn't submit an entry, here is the place to post it.

(Please remember that anyone who signed up, also is a judge for the uwol 34)

And then, with a huge splash, I'm taking a bath with the sharks.
Filmed a little, not nearly enough... and ran out of time.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 07:21 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: The Shark tank - uwol 34

In the water this round, but looking forward to viewing the submitted entries.
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 09:03 AM   #3
Major Player

Alas, I seem to be in the drink again myself (literally so at times). Some of you may have heard of or read about the recent wide spread flooding in Texas. I have escaped the worst of it but I have relatives, friends and neighbors who have not. One of my cousins suffered a stroke while being evacuated (we think she will be OK). My small home is now a refugee camp and circumstances have necessitated I pursue activities other than finish my video for this round. (Chris Hurd lives closer to some of the worst flooding than I do. Chris, if you are reading this, here is hoping that you and yours are all well and safe.) It has been a big disappointment for me as I haven’t been able to complete a UWOL video for a while and I was really looking forward to doing so at last. Such is life. Take care, cherish your loved ones and please accept my very best wishes all.

For those curious about the “strange encounter in the dark” I referred to in the Wonders and Woes- I got up one night to check the level of the spontaneous stream in my front yard (otherwise known as the street I live on). I was standing bare footed on a flat rock surveying the flood when a small snake hurled itself from the torrent and sought refuge amongst my toes. Virginia is fully grown at 20 cm length and 5 mm diameter and is known as the Rough Earth Snake. It is not our smallest snake. I had intended to make it the focus of my video. Little is known of them. I still hope to, at some point, share footage with you of Virginia hunting and consuming small earthworms…
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Mike

Sorry to see you are in the again! Afraid I also ended up there. Hopefully we will in with a shout in the next round.

If possible is there any chane of you supplying me with trophies of the last challenge, if so the same formats as the the last ones you sent me would be OK.

Many in anticipation

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 01:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Back for a swim again, I should have evolved gills by now. I knew the first part of the month would be hectic with study - I think I just managed to postpone insanity for the time being, but then never got a solid idea that was achievable when I had time.

I thought about focusing on the Giant Gippsland Earthworm, but wasn't sure how I'd go seeing one given that it's a protected species and they rarely emerge. Plus they seem to inhabit the soil beneath private land, and whilst I could have started contacting acquaintances nearby the area to find friends of friends who might own a farm there I never got that far. The next plan was to look at mushrooms, but I didn't get out with the camera the couple of opportunities I had, so this round didn't happen for me.

Totally understandable Mike - would enjoy seeing the Rough Earth Snake when you get the time to make that happen.
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 02:22 AM   #6
Major Player

Mike,

Best of luck in getting things back together again after the flooding!
Paul Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2015, 03:56 AM   #7
Major Player

Due to circumstances out of my control I was unable to complete this on time, but hopefully I will be able to get the final shots this week so I will have a non competitive film for the theme.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:12 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I take a plunge with you guys.
Martijn Damen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 07:43 AM   #9
Major Player

Mike,

Take care, sure you will get things back along after the floods.

I would love to see the small snake video,

cheers
vishal
Vishal Jadhav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge