UWOL48-The Masai Mara at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old September 3rd, 2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Trustee

UWOL48-The Masai Mara

This past month I had the opportunity to spent over two months in Kenya. All video was shot with the Canon XF300 and edited with Vegas Pro 14. Enjoy and please send comments! Bob

Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: UWOL48-The Masai Mara

Beautiful carefully shot and edited footage, congratulations. Mongeese are so cute, don't know why they aren't more promoted, seem to be almost regarded as nuisance by the locals. Your wildebeest were lucky, crocs had had enough?
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2018, 01:28 AM   #3
Major Player

I really enjoyed this. The opening sunrise/sunset? shot was perfectly Framed for your titles and footage throughout was of a high quality. I thought the voiceover had been nicely recorded too. The secretary birds dance, Lion feeding and river crossing were interesting behaviours to capture. I'm sure it must have taken a lot of patience
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 03:10 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Bob,

You had the ultimate location for wildlife filming!
After your opening shot, maybe you could have one of your aerial shots before the elephants? This way, the audience would get even more impression of how huge area the Masai Mara is. Just a thought, but I like it the way it is too.

Was kinda hoping for some "action" at the river crossing, but I guess it was a calm day.

Music and the voice over, were good as usual.

Well done!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 12:44 PM   #5
Trustee

Trond, great suggestion of starting the video with an aerial shot of the Mara to show its true expanse. Thanks. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 03:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Bob,
Great video and footage! I too was waiting for the action at the wildebeest crossing. I guess we've all seen too many Planet Earth episodes, huh? For suggestions, maybe some stabilization on the more static shots where there isn't much going on in the frame (like the opening and ending scenes) so the hand-held movement is as distracting. Actually, the opening and ending could probably have been stills? And it looked like there was a repeat of the wildebeest pan (that one with the itch behind the ears gave it away!) All in all a good job.
Tim Veal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge