UWOL 60 Theme release at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 1st, 2021, 04:41 AM   #1
Inner Circle

UWOL 60 Theme release

It is the 60th UWOL time.
Let the fun begin again!

For the previous challenge, some of you asked to let your kids participate too. It is very good to let the next generation challenge themselves, and bring fresh thoughts and ideas to UWOL.
For this and future challenges, if you have any kids in your family, feel free to let them make their own film in addition to the entry you make yourself, following the official rules and guidelines.
If this gets popular, maybe we could extend UWOL in the future to have it's own "kids challenge" in addition to the regular ones. Time will tell.

DEADLINE for submission:
Sunday, December 5, 2021, midnight wherever you are. (Extended to give you an extra weekend)

Upload to UWOL Vimeo:
Remember to send an email to *uwol@dvinfo.net* to receive the upload instructions for Vimeo.
(Sooner is better than late. No need to wait until you are finished with the editing.)

THEME:
SURPRISE

As always, your imagination is the limit of how you interpret the theme.
It is all about pushing yourself to improve your own skills as a film maker.

Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2021, 08:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: UWOL 60 Theme release

OK... Hmmm... Should be interesting.
Mark Hartopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2021, 02:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Looks like I’m out again this month. Yesterday morning I went to the hospital with a very mild heart attack, but they had to dissolve a clot in my heart that was about to turn into something much worse. I didn’t handle the medicine too well (side affects) for a few hours, but I’m much better today and feeling almost normal except for some relatively minor side effects.

I was going to film in Arequipa, Peru next week, but that is obviously out the window. I still may get to go to the rainforest and put something together in the last few days, but I have a feeling I’ll be restricted in my activities. The good thing is that the cardiologist told me last night that over time and with treatment I’ll be back exploring in the jungle and in the Andes again just as before.

My indicators like cholesterol were not nearly as bad as I expected considering my poor diet, but I have toxins in my heart that are extremely high right now and need to come down. I don’t know how long I’ll be in the hospital. I should be out of ICU tomorrow and in a regular room, but for how long is still in question.

Hope everyone’s films are coming along nicely and I look forward to seeing the great stuff you produce.

(Don’t worry about me. The doctors say I passed the touch-and-go period and am now just healing.)
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2021, 02:50 PM   #4
Trustee

Damn Phil, sorry it happened but looks like it turned out for the best. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2021, 03:06 PM   #5
Major Player

Phil. Take all the time you need to get well. All of us will be here wishing you well. Get well soon.
Mark Hartopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2021, 03:05 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Phil, hope you recover quickly. All the best for you!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2021, 05:32 AM   #7
Trustee

Sad to hear about your heart attack Phil.
I hope you will come back stronger next round.
Best wishes for a good recovery.

Geir Inge
Old November 22nd, 2021, 03:33 AM   #8
Major Player

Hi Phil, sorry to hear your news. Sounds like you are in the best place and getting the treatment you need. Fingers crossed for a speedy return to normal for you and you are soon back out there filming.
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2021, 06:06 PM   #9
Major Player

Thank you, everyone. I’ve been home two days and getting stronger every day. I even tried to film a little “day-in-the-life” stuff with my GoPro on a trip to the corner store, but forgot to film on teh way back so it wasn’t quite what I expected.

If I can come up with something, I may make an unofficial entry to this month’s competition using old footage just to keep busy, but I don’t know if I can put anything to get her in time.

Hope all of you are doing well and I’m looking forward to seeing all of your films.
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2021, 05:35 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Murray View Post
If I can come up with something, I may make an unofficial entry to this month’s competition using old footage just to keep busy,...
Impressive attitude! But make sure your priority is your recovery. That's much more important than film making.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge