UWOL #60 Around Every Corner at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old December 7th, 2021, 02:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

UWOL #60 Around Every Corner

I really struggled to get something done this time. I went back to my old Sony FX7 to see if it was still a good choice. Looks like it did just fine.---Comments are welcome.

I did finally realize that I am getting too old to hold a camera steady even one with built-in stabilization.:-)

LeRoy Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2021, 12:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: UWOL #60 Around Every Corner

Nice film, LeRoy!

A nice surprise to see some trees still are too stubborn to drop their leafs, and let go of the summer or fall. A good mix of filming the colors of the fall and some wildlife too. I like that.

Yes, your old camera did well. And age doesn't matter. Hand held filming can be a challenge for everyone. I only noticed a few shots which were a little shaky. In Adobe Premiere there is an effect called "warp stabilizer" I sometimes use with good results. The other editing softwares probably have something similar.

Thanks for sharing!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2021, 11:55 AM   #3
Trustee

LeRoy, nice entry, so glad you were able to make an entry. I think you got some greats shoots of the deer and fall colors. I originally wanted to do fall colors, but I got rained out on that idea. That old camcorder seems to serve you well. I know what you mean about getting too old to hand hold the camcorder. I'm pushing 73 and it gets harder every year. Take care and stay safe. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2021, 06:17 AM   #4
Major Player

This reminded so much of my old home in Texas when all of this was part of the normal annual cycle. The colors were beautiful and the scenery is typical central Texas -- all leaving me with a very strong feeling of nostalgia.

I wasn't paying attention, but I usually notice shaky footage quickly and I don't remember seeing anything that made me thing I was watching handheld footage. Maybe you are being a little hard on yourself because it seemed fine to me -- and that's coming from someone who doesn't like the handheld look at all.

I was a little surprise that you were able to get so much wildlife footage because I now animals tend to be harder to shoot in the late fall there. You must have a lot of patience in the cooler fall weather.

Thanks for this. I really enjoyed it!
Phil Murray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge