Uwol#62 Springtime by Bob Safay at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 3rd, 2022, 04:24 AM   #1
Trustee

Uwol#62 Springtime by Bob Safay

I was kind of having a hard time putting this one together and then a miracle happened. An event it's seldom takes place in Atlanta Georgia. I hope this link works. Enjoy and please comment. Bob

Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2022, 10:11 AM   #2
Vortex Media

Re: Uwol#62 Springtime by Bob Safay

Hey Bob, that's a fun video with some real nice shots in there. I especially like the bee. I kind of had an idea where it was headed, and I was not disappointed. I like the narration and I think it really makes a difference. Nice work.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:20 PM   #3
Trustee

I like it, some great images and I had no idea where it was headed - you've put some effort into this and it really shows. The only thing I noticed is a mistake I usually make - the VO is in mono and sits on the left side whereas the music is balanced (that may have been intentional).
Old May 4th, 2022, 06:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Doug, thank you for the compliments. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to wake up one morning and find it snowing outside. I'm doing almost everything on da Vinci resolve now. I really right now I'm down in Naples Florida enjoying the sunshine. And the heat.

Paul, I haven't noticed that about the narration but I will definitely check when I get home. I may have done that by accident. But thank you for pointing it out to me. I'm glad you like the video. The snowstorm was a treat. We seldom see that in Atlanta Georgia
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:53 AM   #5
Trustee

Hi Bob.
You deliver a beautiful and colorful film I must say.
The spring season is fantastic with changes, where you see the changes day by day.
Spring is a wonderful time og year.
Your VO is like reading a poem, and it fits in pretty well with the music.
I waited in excitement for what was to come, a blizzard who could believe it?
Anyway, I'm well aware of the phenomenon from my own home country.
Either the rosebuds on the apple tree die from the frost, or the deer comes and takes the apple in the autumn.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards Geir Inge
Old May 5th, 2022, 08:48 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Bob,

It all looked right to me... and then, the snowstorm! Nice catch! I like the way you built the excitement and waited until the very end to reveal the "wrong" part.
Your VO is very good and complimented the pictures very well. Loved the close ups of the insects. I have tried it many times, but haven't got it as good as you did here.

Well done!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2022, 04:48 AM   #7
Trustee

Geir, thank you so much for the comments. Spring time especially in the southern United States is incredibly beautiful with all the different varieties of flowers. And, it is extremely rare to get a snowstorm this time of year. I guess you could say that I lucked out. And thank you very much for the compliments on my voiceover. I am constantly trying to improve it. I have found that moving from Vegas pro 17 to da Vinci resolve really helped. Take care and safe flying with that drone. You've become quite The drone pilot. One of these days I may consider getting one. Take care and stay safe. Bob
Old May 6th, 2022, 04:53 AM   #8
Trustee

Trond, glad you enjoyed the video and the voiceover. I had a lot of fun putting this one together and then the real treat was having that surprise snowstorm. It was just what I needed. Videoing insects is a lot of fun. And I'm always trying to improve it and I am amazed at the results. I think part of that is that my formal training was as a forest entomologists. Anyway. You and Geir our incredible ambassadors to Norway. Watching your videos has definitely convinced me to visit Norway. Take care stay safe. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge