UWOL #1: "Best Laid Skies" by Bradley Loren Marlow - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old January 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM   #16
Major Player

Thank you Per!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johan
Bradley, this was top notch! Really enjoyable to watch. You are on my top 5 list!
Much appreciated and am glad to know you liked the short. Looking forward to seeing a slice of Norway. I have a dear friend who lives there and would love to visit someday.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #17
Major Player

Bradley Marlow
…Clearing throat…. Tap tap…. Man did I get a kick out of this. Some imagination going on there. Really nice shots and edits.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #18
Major Player

Thank you Gabriel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Bradley, Bradley, Bradley, what a great film! Wyoming is a wonderful place. And you did an excellent job in showing it!
Your credits, ha! That was an awesome way of doing things! great job!

Keep up the great work!
~Gabriel
Hey Gabriel- am glad you enjoyed the film! Nice to see another DVCer over here. You noticed the credits. Cool...lol.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #19
Major Player

Thank you Cody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lucido
Your film was a great take on the subject. Some very nice shots as well. Nice job!
Much appreciated!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #20
Major Player

Thank you Kevin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback
Bradley,

What a awesome film! At first I was thinking it was going to be some kind of spooky film with the ominous dark clouds.

I loved your take on the theme. Although I do think you need to see a chriropractor. :)

You did a great job conducting the sky!
lol! Thanks Kevin. I'm really happy you liked the film and you are right, I definitely need to see a chiropractor!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM   #21
Major Player

Thank you Bruce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman
Absolutely stunning and beautiful. You created a symphony of the skies and then boldly "cast" yourself as conductor.

I enjoyed it thoroughly (and as a photographer) especially for the color and composition of the images themselves as well as the way you blended it all together.

It was on this last time watching (3rd) that I finally noticed the "scratched film" look. I think what you achieved far transcends any perceived need for filmic "effects". I guess it's just me, but I think the time has come for us all to let go of the need to achieve that "film" look by such means.

What you did for us with your work here gave us a thing of beauty by whatever means employed.

I loved it!

Bruce Foreman
Wow Bruce. Thank you very much for such kind words. Am pleased you really enjoyed the short. I'm a photographer too yet, have not had as much experience as you. Really appreciate your take on the cinematography.

Film look- you do make a compelling argument as posted in previous DVC threads. I have NEVER done the "film look" process in any of my entries except for this one. I really wanted that look in this case and I wanted it in a very subtle way. Guess it was a combination of going for a certain feel and trying something new. I'm always learning new things.

Thank you.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #22
Major Player

Thank you Gordon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hoffman
Bradley Marlow
…Clearing throat…. Tap tap…. Man did I get a kick out of this. Some imagination going on there. Really nice shots and edits. Gordon Hoffman
lol...thanks Gordon. Glad you enjoyed it!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Hey Brad:

Another great one Bradley. Love your imagination, and humor.... and great visuals...
Old January 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #24
Major Player

Great fun, made look like a farce and easy to do, but it was not easy to do.
Your choice of the horizon, shooting distance from it and the use of frenzy in silhouette gave great depth to the whole video ... very clever. The fun with audio confusing the clearing of throat and clicking of camera worked well for laughs and for punctuation. Rolling skies of geese and clouds looked lovely. Albinoni would probably have enjoyed it too.
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 04:00 AM   #25
Trustee

Bradley:
I enjoyed your film very much.
The music, the scenes, the humor and if this is in your neighbourhood, I want to move there, at least for a period of time...
What I'm sorry for, is that you have to go to a chriropractor :)
We need you as an inspiration!
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #26
Major Player

Thank you Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Hey Brad:

Another great one Bradley. Love your imagination, and humor.... and great visuals...
Much appreciated and I'm glad you liked it.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #27
Major Player

Thank you Brendan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Marnell
Great fun, made look like a farce and easy to do, but it was not easy to do.
Your choice of the horizon, shooting distance from it and the use of frenzy in silhouette gave great depth to the whole video ... very clever. The fun with audio confusing the clearing of throat and clicking of camera worked well for laughs and for punctuation. Rolling skies of geese and clouds looked lovely. Albinoni would probably have enjoyed it too.
Really appreciate your thoughts and comments too Brendan. Much appreciated!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #28
Wrangler

Had to stop in and see what my old pal from Wyoming had to say about the living skies. I should have known that you’d be out there trying to conduct the clouds, the birds, the winds. Big job, eh, big guy? :)

In typical atypical Bradley Loren Marlow style you managed to keep me glued to my monitor for nature’s show. Loved the way you directed the vapor trail to disappear; loved the way you took advantage of the geese showing up; loved the way you showed us that we can manipulate nature’s images but we can’t control it—we ultimately just capture what we’re given. You waded and waited out in the cold to capture beautiful images and shared them with everyone in great style. Thank you, Brad!
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #29
Major Player

Thank you Geir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir Inge
Bradley:
I enjoyed your film very much.
The music, the scenes, the humor and if this is in your neighbourhood, I want to move there, at least for a period of time...
What I'm sorry for, is that you have to go to a chriropractor :)
We need you as an inspiration!
Yes, it is in my neighborhood. Wyoming is a beautiful State and you are more than welcome to come out anytime. We can go film some incredible places and critters.

Hopefully I will have had a chance to see the chiropractor by then...:)

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #30
Major Player

Thank you Lorinda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Had to stop in and see what my old pal from Wyoming had to say about the living skies. I should have known that you’d be out there trying to conduct the clouds, the birds, the winds. Big job, eh, big guy? :)

In typical atypical Bradley Loren Marlow style you managed to keep me glued to my monitor for nature’s show. Loved the way you directed the vapor trail to disappear; loved the way you took advantage of the geese showing up; loved the way you showed us that we can manipulate nature’s images but we can’t control it—we ultimately just capture what we’re given. You waded and waited out in the cold to capture beautiful images and shared them with everyone in great style. Thank you, Brad!
Thank you so much for stopping in and commenting Lorinda. You are the DV Diva and I really appreciate your comments.

Bingo! You nailed it!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge