UWOL#1 "Underneath The Living Sky" by Geir Inge B. Brekke - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old January 24th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #16
Trustee

Geir,

You live in a stunningly beautiful part of the world and you just shared some of it in a very powerful but gentle natured film. Even though you had less than 2 days of no rain to shoot it in, you accomplished a lot.

You introduced your "friends" well and with your appearance, I feel like I've had a chance to meet you.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Bruce Foreman
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:43 AM   #17
Trustee

As they say in Disney films: To all of you, from all of "me" - Thank you for kind words :)
Well, in my part of Norway, the rain gave us a new record, 90 days of continually rain, rain rain...
But we have a saying over here in "The land of The midnight sun" There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing ;)
Old January 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Major Player

Cheerful study of birds I know well and enjoy every day. Good to be reminded of what we owe these neighbours.
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #19
Major Player

Hi Geir!

Very nice film. I really enjoyed your VO. work! Your inflections, tone and near whisper at times worked very well.

Part where you say "...there's always someone in the neighborhood...bird feeders..." there is a cross fade transition where the bird feeder 'jumps' a bit. May just be a matter of shortening the transition a few frames. Just a thought.

You managed to capture some beautiful little birds. The Blue Tit was very nice. I also enjoyed seeing your version of the Robin. Much smaller and brighter than ours.

I'm rooting for you to get the hanging camera trick to work. I'd be willing to bet you'll figure it out.

Good job.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 05:45 AM   #20
Trustee

Thanks Bradley and Brendan. I notice the transition, to late, sorry.
But it's a lesson for the UWOL 2# challenge :)
The neighbourhood was my second idea, the island "Runde" half an hours drive from where I live, was my first choice, but the weather conditions wouldn't let my camera go there :)
Our Robin hasn't got the black top head as the american Robin, and yes, a little bit smaller too. The rare clip in my film, is the Blackcap, usually - at this time of year, they're "relaxing" in midle Europe and England. But then again, this winter has been extremely mild, first snow in january, and thats very unusual. My "trick with the rope" is an ongoing thing, now I've got myself some new carabine hooks, I'll try out, so I hope it'll work out better next time. I'll let you know ;)
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir Inge
Thanks Bradley I notice the transition, to late, sorry.
But it's a lesson for the UWOL 2# challenge :)
The neighbourhood was my second idea, the island "Runde" ...the weather conditions wouldn't let my camera go there :)
Our Robin hasn't got the black top head as the american Robin, and yes, a little bit smaller too. The rare clip in my film, is the Blackcap, usually - at this time of year, they're "relaxing" in midle Europe and England. My "trick with the rope" is an ongoing thing, now I've got myself some new carabine hooks, I'll try out, so I hope it'll work out better next time. I'll let you know ;)
Hi Geir,

Thanks for all the answers and info. Please DON'T apologize for the transition. Very minor detail!

I can appreciate you not wanting to take the camera out in such tough conditions. Experienced a few scary moments with bad weather myself and at times, was very concerned about my camera...lol.

I believe you will get the rope trick worked out. Am looking forward to seeing some footage.

I have a dear friend who lives in Norway. Oslo to be exact. Is that far from you? Perhaps one day I can come out for a visit there and as mentioned in another thread, you are more than welcome to visit here.

Best wishes~
Bradley

PS: Cool song you did there.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #22
Trustee

Thanks again Bradley. Well, I live 8 hours drive from Oslo, so it's a little journey for me - 50 min by plane. My friend Per Johan lives in Oslo, and if you come over here, just let me know :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge