DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #2 Sign-Up Thread! Come 'n' Get It! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/87251-uwol-2-sign-up-thread-come-n-get.html)

Mike Teutsch February 28th, 2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McKay (Post 633588)
Hello Meryem:

Please be kind to me, most everyone is seeing signs of spring however I'm still in a deep freeze. I'd hate like heck to influence the already decided theme in anyway.....but how about snow, snow and more snow or the background of all films must be white.....

Looking forward to the theme announcement.

Brian

Well, at least you should have no problem getting a white balance! :)

Mike

Brian McKay February 28th, 2007 03:33 PM

No kidding Mike...point the camera up, down, left or right remove my glove and hit the balance button....end up with a good balance and a frozen hand.

This morning when we left the house my wife said spring is in the air....my reply "was that air or somewhere"

Brian

Steven Gotz February 28th, 2007 05:04 PM

I really don't know where I am going to find the time to do this, but I'll give it a go.

My email is premiereuser@stevengotz.com

Marco Wagner February 28th, 2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McKay (Post 633588)
Hello Meryem:

Please be kind to me, most everyone is seeing signs of spring however I'm still in a deep freeze. I'd hate like heck to influence the already decided theme in anyway.....but how about snow, snow and more snow or the background of all films must be white.....

Looking forward to the theme announcement.

Brian

Be kind to me too, lol, I live about 2+ hours from ANY snow. Phoenix desert...

Meryem Ersoz February 28th, 2007 10:20 PM

uh-oh, it's starting already...brian, your last video was excellent. in fact, it was an amazing study in landscape and place. and a nice study in white! looking forward to another!

get ready for another one of my punishing themes, everybody! i'm gonna make you bleed, suckahs! mwahahaha.....

Meryem Ersoz March 1st, 2007 08:42 AM

the sign-up list is officially closed. get ready to rumble! the theme will be posted shortly (gotta get Most Beloved Daughter out the door to kindergarten, sorry....)

Brian McKay March 1st, 2007 08:52 AM

What a wild theme....."gotta get Most Beloved Daughter out the door to kindergarten"....can I change that to Most Beloved Grand Daughter LOL

Hurry up....I'm going nuts uphere.

Brian

Marco Wagner March 1st, 2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz (Post 633664)
I really don't know where I am going to find the time to do this, but I'll give it a go.

You can do it!

Too bad there isn't 36 hours in a day huh Steven... Hopefully I can win a few contests and festivals, get picked up, and do what I love FULL time and not feast or famine +50 hours of "regular" job each week.

Steven Gotz March 1st, 2007 10:42 AM

It's just that I am travelling a lot, so I will only have weekends. But I suppose many people have that same issue.

Marco Wagner March 1st, 2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz (Post 634033)
It's just that I am travelling a lot, so I will only have weekends. But I suppose many people have that same issue.

Two jobs (about 60+hours total), wife, cat, and a needy 7 year old goldfish.

Gabriel Yeager March 2nd, 2007 12:04 AM

Wow, seven years.... What do you keep him in, if you don't mind me getting off topic?

~Gabriel

Marco Wagner March 2nd, 2007 09:35 AM

a 50 gallon tank now. He was a 1.5 inch walmart fish and now he has grown to like 8 or so and weighs like a pound! He outgrew two tanks already. I've never had a fish last this long, I usually do something stupid and kill them within months.

Meryem Ersoz March 5th, 2007 10:42 PM

*****kkkkk****paging Victor Wilcox!***kkkk***

Victor, can you send me your e-mail? I can't seem to find it, and you're unlisted here....

Boica Zsolt March 6th, 2007 01:31 AM

Oh GOD. I always come too late for these great stuff. :(

Jeff Kilgroe March 7th, 2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Wagner (Post 634660)
a 50 gallon tank now. He was a 1.5 inch walmart fish and now he has grown to like 8 or so and weighs like a pound! He outgrew two tanks already. I've never had a fish last this long, I usually do something stupid and kill them within months.

Heh. My dad kept an aquarium many years ago and tried several different types of fish and other creatures of over the years. All salt-water varieties. Nothing unusual except we had a grouper that lived about 8 years! ...His name was Spot. :)