A Big Thanks To UWOL#1 Participants Who Gave Me Permission at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Trustee

A Big Thanks To UWOL#1 Participants Who Gave Me Permission

I had emailed some of you and asked your permission to show your UWOL#1 entries at a local photo club meeting.

I'm the program chair for that club and had a guest speaker for March 10 reschedule on me, I needed a program, fast.

So I emailed seven of you whose entries I felt our club members would be able to relate to as far as good photography goes. All I emailed granted permission and a few even made a higher resolution version available.

After the business portion of our meeting, I talked for a few minutes, explaining the "video challenge" concept, the rules we do this by here, the need to observe fully any intellectual property rights involved (and at this point I described asking for and receiving permission for each movie I was about to show to indicate how I applied the concept of respecting others copyrights), and then we dimmed the lights and the show was on.

Now I did not have time to show all entries we all submitted, viewed and commented on. I wish I had because every one of them was worth showing to this club, so I had only requested permission of seven of you and only showed those entries.

The Concho Valley Photography Club has folks at all levels: 3 of us are retired pros, we have several skilled advanced amateurs, and a bunch of beginners showing a lot of promise. All were enthralled by what was shown, there were a lot of questions afterwards, and many comments about the skills exhibited.

So the net effect was the same as if seven of you had come to the meeting as guest/program speakers and I thank you very much.

BTW I projected these to about 3x7 feet on a matte white screen using an 800x600 pixel projector hooked up as an external monitor on my HP notebook computer. Even the under 50MB .mov files I used on some of them looked quite good projected.

Sorry about taking so long to do this feedback.

Bruce Foreman
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM   #2
Trustee

Bruce, I'm pleased to hear that this turned out well. I know how it feels as a chairman when a speaker cancelling short time before deadline!

Nice to hear that the films show up well on the projector. Whish I could have been there!
Don't hesitate to ask me any other time...

Best;
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:01 AM   #3
Trustee

Thank you Bruce for asking and giving feedback.
Nice to hear your club meeting went all well.
I wish you good luck on Uwol#2.
Now I'm on my way to the dentist (ouuuch).

- Geir Inge B. Brekke, Norway
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:15 AM   #4
Major Player

Thank you Bruce

I'm glad everything went well at the photo club meeting and was honored to be asked. I'll bet it was a great time. Here's to The Concho Valley Photography Club!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge