DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of Wonder and Woe: UWOL #4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/98102-tales-wonder-woe-uwol-4-a.html)

Rob Evans July 17th, 2007 08:49 AM

Well, i've just called it a wrap!

I really struggled with this, not so much the locations or the filming, but a meaningful thread which is still eluding me. Think it's gonna be a long session on the edit suite tonight!!!!!

Good luck all.

Rob

Ron Chant July 17th, 2007 10:12 AM

A bit more to do

Rob, plenty of nice water in Berks my videoing has been on the river Loddon and St Patrick’s stream between the rain I will be doing a bit more on them Thursday and then edit on Friday.

Rob Evans July 17th, 2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Chant (Post 713289)
Rob, plenty of nice water in Berks my videoing has been on the river Loddon and St Patrick’s stream between the rain I will be doing a bit more on them Thursday and then edit on Friday.

Ahh, the loddon's a beautiful little river - used to fish parts of it as a kid ;-)

One of my first thoughts was "dammit, why can't it stop raining!" but then i thought about the theme, and realised it wasn't such a bad thing after all!!!

I wonder what would happen if two "UWOLer's" came face to face in the field - some kind of spagetti western style shoot-out? Now there's an idea for a film ;-) haha

Vidar Vedaa July 17th, 2007 10:55 AM

Underwater.

I am finich whid my first uwol,and it`s not so much to rite aboat,but when I
lock around for underwater photo, I discoverd a new world.
I think her in Norway is only sand and stone underwater.
That was realy!!!! rong, think i have got a new hobby underwater photo.
Realy fasinating.

Gabriel Yeager July 17th, 2007 02:02 PM

Thanks guys for the suggestions/help. And thank you Brian for the encouragement. And trust me, I have no means of dropping out! Thats the last thing I want to do! Its just so troubling for me to get anywhere to shoot. I guess there is a creek that runs thru my back yard... But I might end up like Mat if I try that.

Sorry to hear that, Mat! I think you are onto something when you said that you think Meryem is trying to kill you! lol. I hope you get well soon!

Its raining today... How strange is this!? It was in the mid 80's yesterday! Gosh, this weather is just way out there this month...

~Gabriel

Mat Thompson July 17th, 2007 03:55 PM

Go on, get in there Gabriel.....suffer for your art ;-) !!!

Ok then a teaser frame from my piece http://www.3dvisions.co.uk/temp/fall...bow_teaser.jpg

Kevin Railsback July 17th, 2007 04:00 PM

I fold! :-) Damn you Mat! :)

Trond Saetre July 17th, 2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat Thompson (Post 713453)
Ok then a teaser frame from my piece
http://www.3dvisions.co.uk/temp/fall...bow_teaser.jpg

Nice scenery and colors, Mat!

Gabriel Yeager July 17th, 2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat Thompson (Post 713453)
Go on, get in there Gabriel.....suffer for your art ;-) !!!

Ok then a teaser frame from my piece http://www.3dvisions.co.uk/temp/fall...bow_teaser.jpg

Haha, I'll give it a shot!

Wow, that is beautiful!
That reminds me of about three weeks ago when I was standing at a waterfalls base. It was so awesome... If only the challenge started before that!

Good luck everyone!
~Gabriel

Per Johan Naesje July 18th, 2007 07:54 AM

Hi all!
Well I write this from a hotel room in Turku, Finland waiting for my ferry back home to Norway via Sweden.
It have been very exiting days, the last couple of weeks. Together with some friends of mine, we have been in the big wilderness of North-East Finland near the Russian border.
This trip was planned well before the uwol-challenge even started so I have not shoot specifically for uwol4 as much as I wanted.

So what have I got so far? Not much for the uwol4 I'm afraid. I have basically filmed wild species like wolves, bears and wolverines (whish this could have been the uwol3-challenge-the wild!)

Friday morning I'm back home, have to go through my footage to view if I can use any of the footage from this trip, if not I will have a real busy weekend to get finish the film!

I'm happy the time limit is 23. world wide, give me some extra hours past monday 23. at my place :-)

Jeff Swick July 18th, 2007 09:21 AM

Looking forward to entries!

I am truly looking forward to all of the entries! It has gotten quite exciting that this contest has grown so fast. Best of luck to ALL!!

Per,
Just keep in mind that wolves, bears and wolverines are 98+% water!! Thanks for the update. I am sure we were all wondering where you had disappeared to! ;-D

Mat,
Looks gorgeous! Cannot wait!

Kris Holodak July 19th, 2007 08:21 AM

I'm stuck

I was so energetic at first. Loved the theme, loved the excuse to get out on the water. Tried a little experiment that didn't ultimately hurt the camera. Then I got home and started cutting it all together and frankly my footage bores me. I'm wondering if music can salvage it. But I've got company flying into town tonight so I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do about it. If I can't make it better I'll probably just make it shorter, but I'm determined not to hit the wall of shame on my first go at this contest.

Smile,
Kris

Gabriel Yeager July 19th, 2007 11:10 AM

I'm there with you, Kris. I shot some footage from my famous park. Nothing.. Its all horrible.. Completely boring.. I don't really know what to do anymore... I just feel trapped here... I am afraid that I most likely will not get one in for this one. :(

I wish you all luck! And don't give up Kris! You can make it work! Even if that means pulling in an all night'er or two.

~Gabriel

Mat Thompson July 19th, 2007 12:10 PM

Good sentiment Kris...I'm sure when you've polished everything and added some music it'll make all the difference!

Oi Gabriel....come on fella. You still have time left to turn something round, it would be a shame to drop out of the line up....you're a regular :-) !....even if its just to stay in the running for your t-shirt !

I've still got holes I'm needing to fill (about 85%). I may nip out in a while but I'll be shooting Saturday too....hey hows that for last minute :)

Rob Evans July 19th, 2007 12:30 PM

Arrrgh!

Looks like were gonna get a massive amount of rain tomorrow!! (like 80mm or something in a few hours!)

Can I enter two films? ;-)

hehe