UWOL #4 - "Water in Motion" by Steven L. Gotz - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi Steve,
You really came up with a great/different approach to a very difficult theme - and presented this really nicely. I thought the use of your audio with the differing water patterns/behaviours worked well.
Perhaps some more slow motion shots could have been included in some of the shots to really slow things down a bit.
Overall, an excellent approach, which took us all down a completely different and visually stimulating path.
Well done...
David Gemmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz View Post
I know that I can't easily get to where bears hunt and bath, or to a fjord. So, rather than compete, I try to take a different approach. I could tramp around the lakes locally, or drive to the beach in an hour. But there is so much happening at Disney, it has seemed like a logical choice for the last couple of challenges.
Hi Steven

It would have been boring if everyone of us went to the same place to film the same subjects. I'm glad that we have so many different locations involved in this challenge. Gives us a chance to see things we normally don't see.
So keep your "Disney movies" coming!! :)

You made a nice and relaxing film.
Those fountains were really nice.

Some details I would like to comment:
A few of the transitions were too abrupt, especially one in the beginning, and could have been more smooth. And I think a few of the clips were too long. You could have cut them a little bit shorter, and still have all the different fountains in your film.

I understand your choice of not using the original background sound. And I think your music fits very well. Great choice you made!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz View Post
I know that I can't easily get to where bears hunt and bath, or to a fjord. So, rather than compete, I try to take a different approach. I could tramp around the lakes locally, or drive to the beach in an hour. But there is so much happening at Disney, it has seemed like a logical choice for the last couple of challenges.
Hi Steven, even if I managed to get those bear footage, I really appreciate your film. Water fontenes has always facinated me, but we don't have so much of that i Norway, at least not like what you show in your film!
The different kind of fontenes was nice to watch, but I also agree that some of the transitions between the scenes could have been better! Overall a nice film, good work Steven!
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM   #19
Major Player

I went to Epcot a few years ago and only remember a few of those fountains. It was great seeing them all, and the amazing details you caught on film. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge