UWOL #4 "Drinking water" by Markus Nord - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 30th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Tron, I think thats the way to do. you need to download my (and I guess al mpg films) before viewing them.
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #17
Trustee

Markus,
after downloading I had no problem viewing your film in MediaPlayer. I really liked your film. Good story too, the tube filming was good. We do get our fresh water in the same way as you do here in Norway.
The uw filming was very nice done. Unfortunately I haven't any experience to do it myself. But I think is real difficult to get a good balance in the shallow water as you did. Professional camcorder-work!
I wish you could have the spike attacking one of the smaller fish to get some action!
I also wish some natural sound blended with the music. The scene where you came up from the water was also nice done!

Good work Markus, look forward to more videos from you!
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Per, Thank you. About the natural sound under water is a bit difficult, you don’t hear any sound in a fresh water lake. Some times you can hear the wave’s agents the sand or the clicking sound in coral if you dive in tropical water. All sound you hear in a BBC production is artificial made, but I know what you mean. You can always fix some sound to make it more realistic.
I really wish that the Pike would attack the school of Roach but it is rare to se. It would take probably more than these three weeks to get a shot like that. It is one UW filmmakers (Tony Holm) that spend 3 years to produce a 60 minute film about the Pike.
I think that the transport from UW to above water worked well.

Thanks again.
Markus Nord
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:52 PM   #19
Major Player

I really like the otherworldly feeling of this film. The pike shots were amazing. I had no trouble viewing it, either. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge