LCD Monitor Power Supply at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old September 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #1
Tourist

LCD Monitor Power Supply

I recently purchased a low cost 7 inch LCD Monitor . Model - LCD4Video 7 Color TFT . It requires a 12 volt DC power supply at approx 800ma. . When I requested information on the polarity required at the connector the supplier WWW.lcd4video . com told me they did not have that information. My question was simply "what polarity ,Positive or Negative is the center pin on the ac adaptor cord supplying the monitor " I thought that would be a reasonable and simple question for them to answer but appearently not so.

Is there anyone in the DVi group that could help me with the answer to this question ?

UPDATE I have just received further information from supplier that allowed me to answer my question - For anyone else the center pin is + positive polarity on this monitor .

Best regards

Last edited by Barry Sharpo; September 5th, 2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: I have resolved answer to my question.
Barry Sharpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Inner Circle

usually it is written/engraved on the monitor
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re. written/engraved on the monitor. I wouldn't expect that to be the case here because there's a multi-pin connector between the LCD panel and the splitter cable into which power would be plugged.

More often than not these things are center-positive/shield-negative. All else fails, get the automotive adapter and confirm through that.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software