monitor for my Sony HVR-M15U... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #1
New Boot

monitor for my Sony HVR-M15U...

i'm looking for a viewing monitor for my tape deck... the cheapest i can find, possibly just a cheap LCD TV. but there's one question before i get it, and it may be a stupid question...

i know my deck is switchable from NTSC and PAL, but can my LCD TV view both? i'll be buying it from here (US), does that make it NTSC-only? or am i totally wrong? thanks.

-edward
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Edward.............

It's actually not such a dumb question. Especially if you live in NTSC country.

From my experience, and there is bound to be exceptions to this, equipment for PAL markets will, most frequently, also have NTSC capability.

NTSC land is such a big market in it's own right, that anything made in the States for NTSC will usually ONLY be NTSC.

If it's made elsewhere, to be shipped worldwide, it's most likely to have both, but can't be guaranteed.

So, not a dumb question, and not one to which I can give a black & white (or even NTSC colour) answer.

All the diddy screens I've played with have professed both PAL/ NTSC, but they have all been sourced in PAL lands.

Best guess, ask for specifics on any screen you consider and "get it in writing" if you can.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software