Intensity Pro preview question... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Trustee

Intensity Pro preview question...

I am running the Intensity Pro on a 2.66 Quad Core MacPro running Leopard with all current updates to OSX and Intensity Pro.
HDV footage catured either HDMI or Firewire (FW) from Canon HV20.

I am attempting to preview HDV footage via S-Video to my JVC Production monitor (properly callibrated). I don't curently have a HD monitor to preview HDV footage via HDMI (will when funds allow). So I am just attempting to preivew SD footage from HD timeline for color grading purposes (I use video scopes to properly set color levels).

Here are my current settings:
Project: HDV 1080i 60
External Preview: Intensity Pro for video (720 x 486) and audio or Apple Firewire (720 x 480)

The footage goes out to the monitor fine, but the color seems much lighter than if I preview to the same monitor via Firewire (FW to Canopus ADVC100 box to JVC Monitor).

Is this normal for the color space to be that different from S-Video footage and Firewire.

I assume that it is since the FW connection is digital and the S-Video is analog.

I just wanted to be sure before going forward.

I will eventually pickup a HD monitor to go out of the Intensity Pro via HDMI.

Thanks for your help,
Michael
Michael Liebergot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Trustee

Figured out what the problem was.
As expected it was user error.

When I went in the Intensity Pro's Control Panel, I noticed that the IRE was set for 7.5 (USA) instead of 0.0 (Japan).

Made the IRE change to 0.0 and now my footage looks the same in both Firewire and Intensity Pro Preview.

All is good again.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software