Moving from DV to HD Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Moving from DV to HD Monitor

I have moved from CRT to LCD for editing. But I need advice on what to purchase for a Monitor. Up till now I have been working with a 15 inch JVC TV style monitor. What is everyone connecting to their breakout boxes to see a quality video on HD or HDV that the client will view. Thanks for the help.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:38 AM   #2
Major Player

I wish someone would answer

I am now using the Gateway 24 inch FHD2400 to edit with Premiere Pro 2. When I edited in DV I enjoyed my JVC CRT monitor for viewing the final product. I definitely need some advice on what to purchase for viewing my new HDV project in full screen while editing.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:13 AM   #3

In many ways, that JVC NTSC monitor is still the best thing to use. What will your customers be viewing on? What will you be distributing your product on?
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the reply. My customers have a range between 4:3 and 16:9. I am at present away from my JVC monitor but I thought the HDV video would not display on this monitor and if it did the quality would be horrible. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software