Questions regarding Totevision 703 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 15th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Questions regarding Totevision 703

I have just bought Totevision 703HD Kit. The monitor will be used alongside my HVX. I need help with this product.
After I play around with it, I come with few questions.

1. I found that the color as not as real as I look at the viewfinder of my HVX. Normal after reset, the red will look orange. And after adjustment with the color bar, the color seems to become more screwed up as it goes away from the supposedly color marked by the color bar. Is it normal? Is this monitor to be used for focus monitoring, for assisstant camera/focus puller best friend on the field?

2. I'm planning to use two monitors, one for the asst. camera and the other one for the client as my job will be done for the commercial etc. I just found out that connecting component cable will leave out other connector (S-Video, RCA) unused.
I want to be able to view it on two monitors. One with component (as it will be HD) and the other, for the client, could be the RCA or S-Video. Can I do that?

Or can I connect the input of the monitor with the RGB Component, and have the out of the RGB Component daisychain the signal to another monitor capable for the RGB Component connection, can I do that?

Anyone can help me in these matters?
Farishad Latjuba is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software