New monitor for my HVX200A at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old June 6th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #1
New Boot

New monitor for my HVX200A

I currently have a DVX100A and use an old Panasonic 4:3 monitor which has been ok. But I’m getting a HVX200A and will be shooting mostly in 16:9/720p. I’m looking for the best monitor right now for the price I can afford. The monitor I want is the BTY-LH1700W, but I can’t afford that right now. In looking around I got a recommendation for the V-R70P-HDA 7. It seems like a very nice monitor and that’s the upper limit of what I can afford ($1250). But I don’t really need a mobile monitor and I wouldn’t even get it with the batteries, and that price for a 7’ monitor seems a bit steep. Under $1200 are there any other recommendations for a good HD monitor? Thanks for any help
Chris Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Try this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...eries_20_.html
Brian Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #3
New Boot

Interesting, that's sure has a bigger screen size :) Two things I wonder about, one is it's 16:10, will that be a problem? Will is show the full overscanned picture? Also it doesn’t have blue gun mode, which I guess is because it’s made more for an editing station then on a set? Thanks
Chris Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #4
New Boot

Monitor

You should look at this $500 & you can use it for as a video or a computer monitor or sound you will need to add yhe $50 sound bar
Gateway FHD2400 24" Widescreen HD LCD Display

http://www.gateway.com/accessories/p...9687927&seg=hm

But I don’t really need a mobile monitor and I wouldn’t even get it with the batteries, and that price for a 7’ monitor seems a bit steep. Under $1200 are there any other recommendations for a good HD monitor? Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]
Ben Britt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software