Wireless video transmitter - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #16
Tourist

Wireless A\V info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Thanks for the heads up Jon. There was no brand listed for the transmitter, etc. and the item was covered in bubble wrap, not visible as it should have been. I will give you a call and stop by....
I stupidly thought that I would be able to purchase equipment that I had seen at an NFL game to transmit audio and video back to a workstation. I am trying to work out the details of a live video feed of three different locations. I have locations in three different states that will be streaming video from a flash media streaming server. Each location has buildings spread over a one mile square. I need the ability to go wireless with my HVX200 a distance of at least 1500 feet through walls. I don't have a broadcast license so I don't think I can use the Microwave systems. I would be interested to hear about any system that may work for my situation. I did look at the WEVI but it's only good for 100-200 feet at best. I don't need HD capabilities. It would be nice but this project only requires SD.
Brian Albin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Brian.........

Can't help with a radio wireless system as the laws in the US are a mystery to me.

I can, however, offer a solution if the "through walls" thing can be circumvented.

You might want to check out systems based on this technology and see if it can be implemented to achieve your ends.

Free-space optical communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MRV Communications, Inc. - Free-Space Optics

fSONA: free Space Optical Networking Architecture

Free Space Optics

Laser Information Telecommunications -

more...........

LightPointe :: Outdoor Wireless Products ::

Free Space Optics, FSO, Lasercom informational resource website

etc,etc,etc............

CS

Last edited by Chris Soucy; May 18th, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software