HD through an analog connection at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old June 14th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Inner Circle

HD through an analog connection

If I run component cable or s-video out of my Sony Z1U or any HD camera for that matter into an HDTV, is it sending and displaying a high resolution image? Or is it not possible to send HD through a non-HDMI cable and or are HDTV designed to reject HD signal through its analog connections as method of content protection?

For example, if I edit a video and output it back out to a HDV mini tape. When I pay it through my camera out to HDTV or HD Projector will the presentation be in HD?

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; June 15th, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Component (but not composite or S-Video) CAN be HD, IF the camera's playback settings are right.
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Inner Circle

thx, good to know. I'll make sure to use the component out and have a look at the camera menu, I believe there is something under A/V out.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software