1080 field monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old September 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Regular Crew

1080 field monitor

Does anyone know a good monitor I can take in the field that's 1080. Have the Panasonic 1700 720, but recently saw my footage on a 1080 edit monitor and it was awesome and would love to see that in the field. Seem like the only ones I saw were 20" or more. Like the TV Logic ones. Would love to be under that, like the 17". And around 3 grand on price.(know it may be more) And what are the things to look for for when picking a LCD that can handle critical viewing and action of 1080p camera output. And do they even make plasmas for the field or are they mainly for living room theater settings?
Jason Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Wrangler

I used to have a 38" plasma screen and think that was the smallest that Panasonic made. Don't know if you can get one smaller than 42" these days. With a weight around 60 lbs, is that something you would want in the field? :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Major Player

One of the site sponsors. I have never tried the monitors but I have used the flo lights and they are really good stuff.

ikancorp.com: TFT LCD Monitors
Greg Laves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software