Best Widescreen LCD Monitor ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Best Widescreen LCD Monitor ?

I used to have the Nebtek 70 Pro XL and am in the market for a new LCD, was wondering if anyone knew of any other company that makes a LCD with great color and brightness representation, and a canon battery pack adapter as well. I'd love something with a bit more resolution I think than the Nebtek. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:27 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I don't know, the Nebtek is already very good. You'd probably be looking at a TransVideo monitor, but they're quite a bit more expensive.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

If you're in LA, there are some camera rental houses that rent and sell the Panasonic 7"LCD with a Canon battery adapter. FYI, this is the same monitor that Nebtek sells under their logo.
Old February 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Wrangler

The April issue of DV Magazine has a review of the Datavideo TLM-70D LCD monitor. They give it a 4 out of 5. One interesting feature is that it has direct firewire input, although the reviewer (Bruce Johnson) notes there is a 1/3 to 1/2 second delay when using it. But overall he was very impressed, especially with the design and construction (it has as steel case).

The resolution of the 7" 16:9 screen is only 480x234 however, and it's pricey; $1,299.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software