As promised - HD field monitor for Z1U (pics inside) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #16
Major Player

"Hello, my name is Wile E. Coyote, certified Genius"

<holds up genius card>

Conclusion:
Shannon W. Rawls may or may not be a genius, but he can at least watch Looney Tunes, which means he's got taste :P

Nice monitor Shannon!

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #17
Major Player

Ha, thanks Ben, 'preciate it. *smile*

I'm actually quite the dummy. I'm just smart enough to hang around smart people, like you and everyone else here at DVINFO....so I blend in. *smile*

Yo...I didn't know you were in the ATL!!! I got producing partners in and from the durrty. I'll hit you privately. And now I'm intrigued to peep your movie! *smile*

- Shannon W. Rawls
Shannon Rawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #18
Trustee

I've always kept a piece of advice very close to me. Someone I met early on was very successful and he said, "If you want to be successful...spend time with successful people." That is great advice.

Unfortunately, people that end up on drugs don't listen to that advice enough. If they "changed their playgrounds and playmates" they'd succeed. (Someone I know is in AA and that's a saying they use and I actually used it myself when I was a teenager. I'm not in AA though, so I don't know what other good advice they give...lol.) Spend time with good people that are achievers and you'll learn everything you need from them at some point!
Old April 10th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #19
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Shannon Rawls : Ha, thanks Ben, 'preciate it. *smile*

I'm actually quite the dummy. I'm just smart enough to hang around smart people, like you and everyone else here at DVINFO....so I blend in. *smile*

Yo...I didn't know you were in the ATL!!! I got producing partners in and from the durrty. I'll hit you privately. And now I'm intrigued to peep your movie! *smile*

- Shannon W. Rawls -->>>

Cool, email is enabled on my profile now, look forward to talking to you.

By the way, the HD version of OOWU will be available by paid-BitTorrent in a day or two. Worked out a deal with Prodigem.com, we are pretty excited about this. We plan on making it cheap, like $5 - $7 to download the whole thing (not a rental, download to keep and play as much as you want). No DRM or any crap like that. Anyway, I'm interested to see how the whole BitTorrent thing works out (for a 3GB file no less).

Ben

HD Articles and Reviews at HDSource!
http://hdsource.highlydef.com
Ben Buie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #20
New Boot

Hi Shannon,

Out of interest, how did you fix the monitor to the stand ?
Andrew Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:51 AM   #21
Major Player

Andre, I used Velcro.

Ok..about 10 months later...This monitor is still excellent. Sorry about the photos not working. The url changed from BEOUT.COM to CINEMAHILL.COM but I can't modify the original post.

Enjoy.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Good info, thanks Shannon...it seems to be a good dual purpose monitor you've got there. Can you tell me how you power your 19" Dell in the field? I'm new to the game and haven't come across the (possibly obvious) solution for this.
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 02:12 AM   #23
Major Player

Steve,

Always remember....

In modern day movie-making

There's always AC power!

*smile*

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 30th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Gotcha Shannon - thanks
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #25
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Madsen
Can you tell me how you power your 19" Dell in the field?
I'm not familiar with the Dell monitor, but I have a Sony 17" widescreen LCD. Awhile ago I got an APC universal notebook battery, which can be set to anything between 15 and 24 volts and includes a whole bunch of adaptor plugs to fit different brands. It turns out that one of these plugs fit my Sony monitor, and when I correctly set the battery voltage it will power the screen. Haven't used it long enough to know how long it will run, but this is one possible solution to powering LCD screens:

http://www.apcc.com/resource/include...base_sku=UPB80
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Thanks for the feedback Boyd. Obviously powering this type of monitor is a little more complicated. I think I'll look at an external monitor when I'm ready to start generating an income.
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software