LED HDTV Experience at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Trustee

LED HDTV Experience

Anyone have any experience yet with the new LED HDTVs. I looked at the Samsung 40" 1080p / 120Hz / LED over the weekend and the image quality was outstanding. It was bundled with a Samsung blue ray player at Frys for $998.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I purchased that HDTV to use for editing. When I got back to my office and fed it a solid color signal (blue) I noticed some shading in each of the corners. I took it back to Best Buy and got another one...same issue. I ended up with the 37" 650 model.

The image quality IS outstanding, but since I use graphics in a number of my videos that bugged me a lot. I'd recommend going back to Fry's and looking very closely at the corners. Your mileage may vary.

Forrest
Forrest Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the tip Mark; not too bad a price for and LED HDTV + a BR player!!

And yes, I agree too....the picture quality is better than a regular LCD HDTV.

Even a step better will be the OLED versions ..... but of course everything will be sold as 3D HDTV's now. Great.....just what I wanted to do is watch TV with special glasses!! How 1950's is that?!
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Major Player

I just bought Samsung 23" LCD LED and I must say it is by far the sharpest and best screen I have ever used. Compared to 20-30 bucks cheaper regular LCD's it is well worth the price.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Andrew,

"but of course everything will be sold as 3D HDTV's now. Great.....just what I wanted to do is watch TV with special glasses!! How 1950's is that?! "

I went to the theaters in the 50's and watched those 3d movies.

I can't even believe that they are trying to push this on the market. the glasses you get at the theaters or with the dvd's wreck the picture and experience anyway, just another marketing gimic.

I got other thngs to waste my money on!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software