Looking for advice on new budget LCD 22-24" monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 13th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Looking for advice on new budget LCD 22-24" monitor

Hi. I'm looking for budget LCD monitor which and need some tips. I've been searching the web and reading reviews and such. Let me post here my requirements and what I've found so far.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

* 22-24 inch
* either 9:16 or 10:16
* main usage: web graphics and animation, HD video editing, photo editing, watching movies, normal internet browsing and office work. I'm not into games at all.
* pivot ability, height adjustment would be a plus too
* looking to spend under $400

THE MODELS I'M CURRENTLY CONSIDERING

DELL UltraSharp U2311H
(This would be the monitor I would get for sure if it weren't for some pink and green tinting issues I've been reading about)
Dell UltraSharp U2311H Reviews
Dell U2311H Review
Dell U2410 / U2311H Monitors Plagued with Tinting Issues

DELL UltraSharp 2209WA
(Read many good things about this monitor. Although it didn't get so much criticism regarding tinting issues as did the Dell 2311 and 2410, it seems this model also suffers from this problem for some units. I can't tell what the chances are of getting a good unit or one with tint problems. I actually think I'd prefer its 10:16 ratio for graphics and office work but it has less resolution. Not full HD)
PRAD | Review Dell 2209WA (s)
Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA Reviews
Dell UltraSharp 2209WA color uniformity thread. - [H]ard|Forum

NEC EA231WMI-BK
(I've heard NEC and DELL both get their cheaper new generation ISP panels from LG and it seems the tinting and back light leaking occurs with this budget ISP monitor as well)
PRAD | Review NEC EA231WMi-BK

Samsung F2380
(The only PVA panel monitor of the bunch. Read good reviews. Apparently good contrast, but colors are not as accurate compared to the Dell models. Also I've read that contrast is very good with this model, but less levels of black compared to the Dells)
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG F2380 Black 23" 8ms(GTG) Widescreen CPVA panel LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 150000:1(3000:1) w/height & swivel adjustment

If you have any suggestions, comments or recommendations I'd really love to hear them.

Thanks!
Adi Head is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software