Lilliput GL668 HDMI Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 20th, 2010, 03:19 AM   #1

Lilliput GL668 HDMI Monitor

I must say after recently buying one from RCMachine on ebay and trying it with my Sony FX1 and HD200UB and I well impressed with it.

I got a couple of different hoods for it as well. One being a small plastic one that clips onto the top of the LCD and another which is like large Hoodman type.

Quality seems to be pretty good and much better than a SD LCD4Video one I bought a year ago. Resolution is pretty sharp for the price (about $300 for a kit which included an external large battery, the large hood, a special ac adapter and an articulating arm which is good quality for $50).

I bought it mainly because it has RGB component inputs.

I am curious if anybody else has this model and what are your thoughts?
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Lee, there's plenty on this topic if you take time to read. The 668, 669 and 70HP are basically all the same apart from one input and the battery mount. Probably no-one has answered as all the info is here. I have the 70, and yes good for the money.
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I got a new Sony EX1R, having graduated from cameras with auto-focus. Focussing became the major challenge with the new camera as my tired old eyes really struggle using the viewfinder or the LCD display panel, even with Peaking turned on. So, I purchased one of the 668's and it sits above the camera beautifully. Now focussing is not a problem.

Sure, it's not a studio monitor, but they aren't intended to be. Mine came with a solitary dead pixel, but its not a deal-breaker - certainly not enough to make me send it back to Hong Kong and wait for another one. For $190.00 it was a bargain.

Cheers

Russ

Last edited by Russell Heaton; December 22nd, 2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Wrong price corrected.
Russell Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM   #4

Thanks Russell, thats what I needed to hear.
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software