Question about supported frame rates on I/O cards. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Question about supported frame rates on I/O cards.

I'm in the market for an I/O card, for monitoring only.

My question is, when looking at the specs on different cards, when they list supported frame rates, if (for example), it doesn't list 1080p29.97, does that mean, if I am trying to monitor that footage (like through final cut pro or color), will it not display any picture on my broadcast monitor?

I'm a little fuzzy on outputting a signal for color correcting, when it comes to supported frame rates. I'm looking for a budget solution, and have assembled the short list, and just as my question asked, am trying to figure out what effect non supported frame rates have on output monitoring.

Just for the matter of this discussion, I'm looking to send a proper signal (for grading and color correcting) to a dedicated monitor. At first this monitor will be a Panasonic Plasma (which will be ISF calibrated to 709 specs), until I can afford a true broadcast monitor. I understand that monitor is not ideal for broadcast work, but all I'm working on is personal projects for web delivery, and possible dvd.

I'm just wanted to understand the supported frame rates issue. Does this apply to output monitoring also, or is it more for inputting into the computer?

Thank you for any guidance or incite.
Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software