Small HD - Superb after sales service at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Small HD - Superb after sales service

My 2 Small HD batteries for my DP1x failed after some months of use. After a few emails back and forth to Small HD's service department, they have decided to send me out 2 new batteries at no charge.

This, in my opinion is after sales customer service at its best. Looking after all customers to their 100% satisfaction - as is in my case - is what Small HD does best!

I look forward to receiving the batteries in the next couple of weeks or so.

Highly recommend Small HD for outstanding products and service.

Anyone else with similar experience from Small HD?

Thanks very much Small HD!!!!!
Old March 17th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Small HD - Superb after sales service

I also believe that their customer service is great. Lastly I was inquiring about a malfunction on a Saturday night and what do you know I got an answer!:) I wasn't expecting an answer until Monday off-course...

To me as a customer this really ensures me in a positive way when considering of buying some new gear from a manufacturer. It's good business that's what it is!:)
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Major Player

Heh. i sound like an old codger, but when did standing behind a product, especially something like a questionable batch of batteries, become "superb" service? I mean, I realize that the world changed when I was distracted by something shiny, but there used to be a time when staffing your company with humans, answering the phone and having pride in your work was... the norm! I absolutely love boutique and cottage industries because whoever answers the phone or email actually cares and is often empowered to do something about it.

Now... the firmware upgrades on the dp6, thats something I'll holler about. Every new release is like getting a new monitor. They are upgrading more like a software company than hardware... but with hardware that is killer in its own right. Stuff I didn't think the monitor was capable of just suddenly shows up. New focus assist options, exposure assistants... movable 1:1 modes... probably the biggest selling point, the "dslr" modes specifically suited to canon/nikon cameras, were add-ons "after sales" for me.

I *expect* good warranty service. Watching my monitor upgrade like an RPG character with new battle skills? Thats something special.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Small HD in my book has the best customer service, I've dealt with in the industry. I know the battery issues were problematic, yet sadly, many companies would try to drop that problem in you lap. They have dealt with it admirably. Also I've spoken with reps that were forth coming about future product launch dates and specs, so I could make an informed purchase. How many companies will tell you, we have a better product around the corner, if you would like to wait? I purchased the dp1, they upgraded it to the dp1x for free, that made a great product even better. Any batteries I had that burnt out were replaced and shipped quickly. Faster than some of the product I've purchased. I can't say enough good things about Small HD! Keep it up guys, it does matter and it is recognized. You have my loyalty.
Mestizo Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dean View Post
but when did standing behind a product, especially something like a questionable batch of batteries, become "superb" service?
When SHD decided in keeping this customer happy by NOT charging me pro rata for batteries that are over 6 months old - in fact almost 1 year old. They are also picking up the tab for os freight.

Like I said, superb as service.
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Good afternoon,

I have the first small hd purchased, one battery went almost a year later and no questions asked!!!!

It is the kind of service people deserve, and businesses get return business because of it!!!

I hate not having my dp1 and need to send it up to be upgraded, but I am going to hate not having it about!!!!!

small hd has my busines, and the product is superb!!!
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dean View Post
I mean, I realize that the world changed when I was distracted by something shiny, but there used to be a time when staffing your company with humans, answering the phone and having pride in your work was... the norm!
Yeah, I remember that too. Problem is many never knew that experience at all and we suffer for it.

SHD is producing an exceptional product and supporting it as they should. Let's hope they survive in a market where price point is everything.
Kirk Candlish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software