Cheap signage options at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
New Boot

Cheap signage options

I have a client who wants to loop a 5 min program (photos only...I haven't created the piece yet so still haven't decided if i do a HD video or a keynote/powerpoint presentation). He wants these on 2 stations at retail outlets for display to public. No fancy 72 inch monitors , just table top displays i'm thinking.

Anyway, looking for options for media...whether load master digital vid file on to HD of a local laptop/PC, using BRay disc in local machines or maybe even using Apple TVs as players with a centralized PC controlling them via iTunes(possible, right). Low budget, just really looking for media delivery options that can meet a low budget project.

Appreciate any help...thanks. FWIW, i would be editing vid on FCP7. Can get a BRay external drive w/o problem.
David Soriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Cheap signage options

Hi Did you ever get this sorted?

You could try: The world's most popular FREE Digital Signage platform

It's cloud based, so internet connection required, but you get total remote control. The host machine just needs to be a simple computer (NetTop) and a screen.

I have these on all our construction sites showing safety videos and other company messages, totally manageable from my office including re-starting machines that have hung ect...

Pete
Peter Kay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software