DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The View: Video Display Hardware and Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/)
-   -   Lilliput Monitor *IPS LED, 720P, 7in* $300-660 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/514026-lilliput-monitor-ips-led-720p-7in-300-660-a.html)

Sam Renkin December 4th, 2013 12:14 PM

Re: Lilliput Monitor *IPS LED, 720P, 7in* $300-660

The D600 does have a control "ring" around the OK/select button that turns on/off histogram and other features. I'll try that - thanks!

Sam

John Peterson March 15th, 2014 09:09 AM

After owning the Lilliput 663 O/P for a year, I can honestly say that it is practically impossible to accurately calibrate it.

If you change the input you have to calibrate it for that input, but while the unit remembers the settings for each input the calibrations are not accurate. What is particularly difficult is calibrating the unit to the Arib bars that my Sony PMW-EX1 generates. After extensively searching the internet, the only descriptions of how to calibrate an LCD monitor using Arib bars are insufficient to achieve good results with this monitor.
The biggest joke is trying to adjust the brightness until "the white box changes in intensity". It changes continuously as you change the level and where to stop is guesswork at best. In the end I eyeballed it just like you would with a small LCD television that costs a whole lot less.

John

Erick Perdomo November 12th, 2014 09:48 AM

hi there...this poor monitor gets trashed a lot!! and I think we forget that it is a budget monitor! Not worth thousands of $$...I agree that it cannot be calibrated professionally..it can get close in saturation and brightness-mostly by eye and it can look great on a the set of a corporate shoot for a "director" or client to look at the footage. It has a headphone out so I plug in a portable speaker and then I can play back the clip with sound.

I recently discovered that buried on the second page of the menu there is a shaprness control which helps as the default is too sharp...I assigned a button to sharpness and I can now lower it...it looks very nice on set. i use Sony Batteries and it gets used a lot on corporate shoots and also when I videotape live concerts. the velcro hood is awesome and it looks almost like a studio set up. I use the vectorscope etc on my Canon XF300- but this monitor helps a lot.
I also use it with my Canon 70D for composition and playback mostly as the Canon 70d touch screen goes blank when a monitor is connected so no point in connecting one during recording as i need access to the touch screen. But otherwise is a fine monitor. is there anything better for a similar price?