MB Looks monitored through Matrox mini at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old September 14th, 2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Major Player

MB Looks monitored through Matrox mini

I'm using Looks in FCPX and there is an option to choose external monitoring but the Matrox Mini is not being seen by Looks. Is anyone using this combo successfully? I have searched for an hour and cannot seem to find the solution...
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: MB Looks monitored through Matrox mini

MB Looks is not supported directly by the Matrox MXO2 drivers. You will need to apply the filter and then exit its user interface and go back to FCP for the updated video clip (with the look applied) to display through the MXO2 to your external monitor.

If it helps, there is a support forum for the product at: Matrox MXO User Forum

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for your reply. That is too bad. I wonder if it is to protect their own hardware business?
I mean, if FCPX can see it, why not looks?
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:08 AM   #4
Equal Opportunity Offender

A couple of things need to be in place. First, the editing software needs to be able to make use of the external display option. And second, drivers have to be specifically written to hook in to the app ... which is not a trivial exercise when you consider the coding, testing and support that is required.

For these reasons, driver support is understandably limited to the main editing software apps, including FCPX.

(which is also where 98% of production time is spent)

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software