720p vs. 1080i for editing? which is normal? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 29th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mitchell
That would make them as good as the top of the line Sony SD broadcast monitors which max out at around 800 lines... sounds excellent.

Where did you find those figures - I couldn't see any resolution figures quoted for any of them @ Crutchfield's?
Actually, from reading on this forum, as well as just other things I've seen around the 'Net. I don't have any REAL sources, per se. Sorry.

Of course, to be perfectly honest, I'd guess that the Sony SD broadcast monitors are BETTER than the consumer HD CRTs. LOL! The Sony is 800, and most HD CRTs are closer to 600.
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #17
Major Player

HD CRT for editing

I actually just picked up a Toshiba 26" HD-CRT to use as a monitor for
my Sony HDV stuff. the TV picks up the 1080i signal from the cameras
instantly. I have still seen quite a few people buying 4:3 CRTs while I
was monitor shopping the last couple weeks. Some people just don't
care about HD.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Circuit City, 42in Samsungs, warranties

For the record, I bought the Samsung 42 inch dlp at circuit city for $1499. They were selling it on sale this week at the website for $1600.

Very interesting thing. I called the 1-800 numbers for both best buy and circuit city to ask questions about financing and what not.

I was getting contradictory information about which portion of the bill would be financed (as it turns out the TV stand and power center would NOT be covered at Circuit City, even though they initially said it was).

When I mentioned going to Best Buy (which apparently does put the entire total on financing), the telephone rep offered a 10% concession on the sale price of the furniture and TV. I never realized that telephone operators might have such flexibility. Something to keep in mind.

Another interesting thing. You can buy a mack warranty for substantially less at B&H than for an extended warranty you bought at Circuit City. The main difference is that Circuit City (and best buy) cover replacement bulbs, whereas Mack Warranties do not.
Robert Nagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software