CRTs? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Major Player

CRTs?

Are they disapearing?? I noticed there aren't that much 16:9 HDTV CRTs to choose from.
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Foronda
Are they disapearing?? I noticed there aren't that much 16:9 HDTV CRTs to choose from.
Does look that way Fred... If you look at the Sony site... they are no longer showing most of the CRTs and the few that they do, have "discontiued" after them. We just bought a Sony LMD 9050 - Very nice. We were going to purchase a larger LMD monitor for the studio but our dealer advised we go with the new high def JVC 17" CRT - should be with us on Monday.

Stu...
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 06:57 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yes, the days are over for the large screen CRTs. And thank goodness I say - the awful geometry and suspect gun alignment of the vast majority of them shold well be a thing of the past now.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Yikes!!! All I really need is something that will really display 1080i resolution because the majority of the 32 LCDs are 720p res.
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software